The SkillsFuture program allows Singapore students to learn new skills through taking Udemy courses, and in addition, you’re reimbursed for the course. The program is overseen by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), and as a result, it is only open to eligible students in Singapore.
Below are some of the more commonly asked questions we receive regarding the SkillsFuture program.
How can I participate in the SkillsFuture program?
You can learn more about the SkillsFuture program and how you can participate via the program’s official site.
How do I know if a course is included in the SkillsFuture program?
How can I request that a Udemy course be added the program?
The courses you see on the SkillsFuture site is a curated list by the Singaporean government, and only those courses are currently eligible for the SkillsFuture Program.
With that said, Udemy submits more courses to be reviewed and considered for approval by the SSG on the monthly basis. If there’s a Udemy course that you would like to be considered for the program, please contact Udemy Support to inform us of which one!
How do I receive credit / reimbursement for my SkillsFuture course?
- Ensure that the course is eligible for Skillsfuture Credit at www.skillsfuture.sg/credit. Once you have found a course in the program you would like to take, purchase the course on Udemy using your credit card or PayPal account. You can also purchase an approved course through the Udemy mobile app, using the Android or iOS app.
- Proceed to your Purchase History and download an e-receipt for the course purchase you made at Udemy.com. For steps on how to do this, please refer to this article. Please note that if you purchased the course using Udemy’s mobile app, you can access a receipt for the transaction via your Apple App Store or Google Play account.
- Submit a claim for course from your own SkillsFuture Account:
- a) Login with SingPass at http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
- b) Follow the instructions to submit a claim from the SkillsFuture portal.
Please wait for 7 to 14 days for the claim to be processed and deposited into your bank account, which is linked to your SingPass.
Please note that sometimes course titles may change. If you believe your course is included in the SkillsFuture program, but you were unable to get reimbursed because SkillsFuture couldn't find the course on their list, please contact Udemy Support.
What if I need a refund for a course in the SkillsFuture program?
Refund requests for courses approved in the SkillsFuture program are processed the same as all Udemy courses, and can can be submitted through Udemy Support. The Singapore Government and Udemy communicate regularly, however, to prevent fraudulent redemptions through the SkillsFuture program.
If you have any other questions regarding the SkillsFuture program please contact Udemy Support.