Coding exercises are an interactive tool you can add to your programming courses, so your students can get practical coding experience. Students can enter code directly onto the page and can run the function without switching programs or screens. The exercises also provide hints for students when they’ve made an entry error, so they can correct the mistake and proceed with their coding.
To add a coding exercise to your course curriculum, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Curriculum page of your course
- Scroll to the bottom of the Curriculum page and click on Add Coding Exercise
- Choose the programming language the students will use for the exercise
- Enter the exercise you would like students to solve. For detailed information on how to create exercises for each language, please click here.
- Check the exercise’s solution by clicking on Check Solution at the bottom right hand of the page
- If the solution is correct, click Save at the top right hand of the page. You can also preview the coding exercise by clicking on Preview
Please note: coding exercises will only appear published in the curriculum of published courses.
If the course is not published, then a checkmark will not appear beside the coding exercise when it's been added to the curriculum.