Learn for Life Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF ENTRANT AND A LIMITATION OF ENTRANT'S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- Eligibility.The Learn for Life Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”, "Competition" or “Prize Draw” collectively the “Sweepstakes”)is only open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and Turkey, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or at least the legal age of majority in the country in which they reside at the time of entry (the "Entrant"). Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win a prize: (a) directors, members, partners, marketing affiliates, employees, consultants or agents of Sponsor or Administrator and their respective affiliates, and each of their respective companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, (b) suppliers of goods or services in connection with the Sweepstakes, including individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes; and (c) persons who (i) are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live, or (ii) reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All eligibility is subject to all national, provincial, municipal, territorial, federal, state and local laws and regulations. (d) Must opt-in to Udemy marketing emails to be eligible to enter Sweepstakes. You may opt-out at any time after receiving your first email from Udemy but please note that to qualify for the Sweepstakes, you must remain opted in during the duration of the Sweepstakes.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Udemy, Inc., 600 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA (“Sponsor”) and COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC Framingham, MA 01702 USA (the “Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
All entries submitted are the property of Sponsor. The database clock will be maintained by the Sponsor and will serve as the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Timing.The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, May 15, 2017 at 12:01:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT"), and ends on Friday, May 26, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT (the "Entry Period"). There will be one (1) random drawing each day for twelve (12) days, to award one hundred (100) prizes per day plus one (1) Grand Prize drawing at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period to award one (1) Grand Prize of $10,000 Udemy credits. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these rules, the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and/or the Administrator whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
- How To Enter.
(a) Visit www.udemy.com between 5/15/17 at 12:01:00 a.m. PDT and 5/26/17 11:59:59 p.m. PDT and enroll into a unique paid course costing at least $5 USD offered by Udemy.com and earn one (1) daily automatic entry into the Sweepstakes.
(b) Each day you enroll in a Udemy.com paid course, regardless of how many courses are purchased, during the course of the Sweepstakes, will earn one (1) entry up to a maximum of twelve (12) entries into the Sweepstakes. Courses purchased as gifts will not be included.
(c) When five or more courses are purchased between 5/15/27 12:01:00 a.m. PDT and 5/26/17 11:59:59 p.m. PDT you are entered for a chance to win the grand prize of $10,000 Udemy credits.
Entries in excess of any stated limitation, and entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, or any means that subverts the entry process, will be void. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry, and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of Sponsor’s policies, standards, or practices. All materials and entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Any enrolled user that requests a refund, and has been issued a refund, on a course purchased between 5/15/17-5/26/17 will have an entry removed from the Sweepstakes if they refund all courses purchased on that day before 6/26/2017. For example, if a user purchased 3 courses, they may only refund 2 to still be entered into the drawing for that day. To be eligible for the grand prize, user must have at least 5 courses purchased from between 5/15/17-5/26/17 that have not been refunded.
To enter without a purchase visit www.amoesweeps.com/udemy and complete all the required entry form information, agree to the Official Rules and submit your entry. LIMIT: Maximum of one entry per email, or per person, per day. Once you have entered a minimum of five (5) times you will automatically be entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
No matter what form of entry is selected; there is a maximum total of twelve (12) entries per person or email address.
Once a valid daily entry is made it WILL NOT BE CARRIED FORWARD to any remaining drawings (if any remain). To be eligible for the Grand Prize, the Entrant must have purchased at least a total of five (5) courses during the Sweepstakes period and these courses have not been refunded by June 26th, 2017 (see alternate means of entry above).
- Winner Selection and Notification. Daily random drawings will be conducted by the Administrator from all valid entries received prior to each relevant drawing. For example; to determine the daily winner(s) in day #1, the drawing pool will consist of all valid entries received from 12:00:01 a.m. EDT on May 15, 2017 up to 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on May 15, 2017. All drawings will be conducted on or about Tuesday, June 27, 2017 by the Administrator from all valid entries received during the Entry Period.
LIMIT: One (1) daily prize and (1) grand prize per person or household.
Potential winners will be notified by e-mail by the Administrator (@cfapromo.com) using the contact information provided by the potential winner at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason. The Administrator will issue only one (1) email notification that will include the winning confirmation notice, details about how to claim the prize, and a request for a photo of the winner for posting on Udemy.com. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner has not complied with the Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will become null and void and remain unclaimed.
- Prize. Only the prizes listed below will be awarded in the Sweepstakes.
One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000 USD Udemy credit to be used toward the winner’s choice of courses offered by Udemy.com. Credits will expire 10 years after winner claims prize so long as user’s account is in good standing. Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be used to gift courses and non-refundable.
One Hundred (100) Daily Prizes (1,200 in all): Each winner will receive a $250 USD Udemy credit to be used toward the winner’s choice of courses offered by Udemy.com. Credits must be used within six (6) months of award date. Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be used to gift courses and non-refundable.
Total approximate retail value of all credit prizes: $310,000 USD
Prizes will be fulfilled between June 27, 2017 and July 13, 2017 through winner’s confirmed Udemy account.
As a prerequisite for receiving the Grand Prize, potential winner will be required to sign (a) an Affidavit of Declaration; (b) an Agreement of Publicity (except where prohibited); (c) a liability release; and (d) return each of the properly executed documents to the Administrator within seven (7) days of attempted notification. A potential winner who satisfies all of the Sweepstakes requirements, including, without limitation, those set forth in this paragraph, will be designated the official winner (the "Grand Prize Winner").
No winner will receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value of the course selected by the winner. Sponsor and/or Administrator will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prize. Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be used to gift courses and non-refundable, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a particular prize for one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for any applicable local income taxes. Prizes will be sent via email with the initial winner notification email.
NOTE Canada: If a potential winner resides in Canada, entrant will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) within a 2-minute time limit in order to be eligible to win prize. The question will be administered by phone within seven (7) business days following the drawing. If entrant cannot be contacted and the skill testing question administered, or if the entrant answers the question incorrectly, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be selected. Once the skill testing question has been answered correctly the Administrator will award their prize.
- DISCLAIMER.Subject to applicable laws, Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Winner Publicity Requirements.Acceptance of the prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement and consent for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, likeness, photo, avatar, and/or prize information (including, without limitation, city, state, province, territory and country of residence) in connection with this Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner, worldwide, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration.
- Release of Liability / Conditions of Participation.
A. Transmission of Information. Sponsor, the Administrator, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant or not, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Sweepstakes, (b) the uploading, processing, or random selection of entries, (c) the announcement of the winners or potential winner, or (d) the prizes or any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or email; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prizes; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the Internet via any of the websites referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) a combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrant’s computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to Entrant’s personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
- Fraud; Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factors impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or (c) acting in an dishonest, fraudulent, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to void all associated entries. The preceding remedy in no way precludes Sponsor from taking legal or other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
- Release and Indemnity. By participating, Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- FORCE MAJEURE.If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, earthquake, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, terrorist activity, civil commotion, governmental regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to thereafter conduct the Sweepstakes by selecting the prize winner(s) for affected Sweepstakes drawing from among all eligible entries received for such affected Sweepstakes drawing prior to the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Disputes.Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) all claims must be resolved in the state or federal courts located in the State of California, USA; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event including attorneys' fees; and (d) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, any indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, or damages of any kind (other than actual out of pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, USA.
EU Residents Notice: Your personal data will be transferred to the United States. Pursuant to EU law pertaining to data collection and processing, as an EU resident, you have a right of access to, modification and withdrawal of your personal data. You also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to: Udemy Legal Department, Udemy, Inc., 600 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA. The data controller and the data recipient is Sponsor. Your data will be transferred outside the European Union.
14. Winners List: For the name of the winners, available after 6/27/2017, visit https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006275107