In addition to registering for Udemy by entering an email address and creating a password, on our mobile app, you can also sign up using your Google or Facebook account.
How to Sign up Using Your Google or Facebook Account
If you wish to sign up for Udemy using your Google or Facebook account, then follow the steps outlined below on our mobile app. Please note that by following these steps, if you haven’t already created a Udemy account using your Facebook or Google account email address, this process will create a new account on Udemy.
- Open the Udemy app on your mobile device
- Click either the Google or Facebook Sign In icon
- Follow the prompts to complete the sign up process
After you’ve created a new account with Facebook or Google, you can log into Udemy.com via a browser, by clicking Continue with Facebook or Continue with Google. You can also continue to login on the mobile app via the Google or Facebook sign in options.
How to Connect Your Existing Udemy Account to Facebook or Google
If you wish to connect your existing Udemy account to your Facebook or Google account, you can quickly do so by following the steps below:
- Move your cursor to the top right of Udemy's homepage, then click Login
- Click Continue with Facebook or Continue with Google
- Enter the email address and password that’s connected to your Facebook or Google account
Please note that in order to establish a connection, the same email address must be registered to both your Udemy account and your Facebook or Google account. If there is not an existing account with the email address you are attempting to connect to Facebook or Google, instead of connecting the accounts, this process will create a new account.
Moving forward, you’ll be able to log into your Udemy account by clicking on Continue with Facebook or Continue with Google, or by entering the email and password for your Udemy account that you signed up with initially. Remember that your Udemy account password may differ from the password registered to your Facebook or Google account.
Unlinking Your Facebook or Google Account From Udemy
If you registered for Udemy using the Facebook or Google sign up options, and wish to unlink your Facebook or Google account from Udemy, you will need to create a new password, if you have not already. Then you will be able to log into Udemy using your email address, rather than the Facebook or Google sign in options.
To create a new password for your Udemy account, follow the steps below:
- Log into Udemy.com on a browser via either the Facebook or Google sign in option
- Move your cursor to your profile avatar at the top right, and click on your name
- Select Account on the left hand side
- Enter a new password for your password, re-type the new password, and click Change Password
Once you’ve created a new password, please contact us at Udemy Support, so we can proceed with unlinking your account. (If you forget to set a new password, you can still follow the Forgot Password process to access your account.) Please be sure to provide us with the e-mail address that is linked to your Facebook or Google account, which you signed up with originally, when you contact Udemy Support.