NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
BY ENTERING THE CHALLENGE, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON YOUR PART AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- Challenge: Newcomer Challenge
- Eligibility Criteria: You must be a Udemy instructor who has an account in good standing and does not have any published Courses as of the time that you submit your Challenge entry. You must opt in to Udemy marketing emails to be eligible to enter Challenge. You may opt out of marketing emails at any time after receiving your first email from Udemy but please note that to qualify for the Challenge, you must remain opted in for the duration of the Challenge.
- Challenge Reward: A featured spot on Udemy’s Newcomer Challenge Winners page available at https://www.udemy.com/collection/newcomer-challenge-winners/all-courses for one week, to be promoted by Udemy via its Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- End of Challenge: The Challenge will end 45 days after the Challenge Entry Page is made unavailable.
ELIGIBILITY: The Challenge is open only to entrants who meet the Eligibility Criteria listed above (“Entrant”). Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible: (a) directors, members, partners, marketing affiliates, employees, consultants or agents of Sponsor or Administrator and their respective affiliates, and each of their respective companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, (b) suppliers of goods or services in connection with the Challenge, including individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Challenge; and (c) persons who (i) are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live, or (ii) reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All eligibility is subject to all national, provincial, municipal, territorial, federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Challenge, you unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Udemy, Inc., 600 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA (“Sponsor” and the “Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, complete the Entry Instructions listed above in compliance with any listed restrictions before the End of Challenge criteria are met. You will receive a confirmation email upon successful submission of an entry via the landing page.
CHALLENGE REWARD: Entrants whose entries meet the qualification standards of these Official Rules will receive the Challenge Reward. No reward substitution or cash equivalent of any reward. No reward transfer.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY; CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Transmission of Information. Sponsor, the Administrator, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you or not, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Challenge, (b) the uploading, processing, or eligibility determination of entries, (c) the announcement of the eligible reward winners, or (d) the rewards or any Challenge-related materials; (5) late, lost, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or email; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the rewards; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the Internet via any website referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) a combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to your computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to your personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
- Fraud; Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Challenge, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factors impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Challenge, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine eligible reward winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge, (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or (c) acting in a dishonest, fraudulent, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to void all associated entries. The preceding remedy in no way precludes Sponsor from taking legal or other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
- Release and Indemnity. By participating, you hereby release the Released Parties, and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Challenge, harmless, from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Challenge, any Challenge-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any reward, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
FORCE MAJEURE: If, for any reason, the Challenge (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, earthquake, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, terrorist activity, civil commotion, governmental regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge, or to thereafter conduct the Challenge by selecting the reward winner(s) for the affected Challenge based on the earliest-submitted entries received for such affected Challenge or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge or any reward, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) all claims must be resolved in the state or federal courts located in the State of California, USA; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Challenge, but in no event including attorneys' fees; and (d) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, any indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, or damages of any kind (other than actual out of pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Sponsor in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, USA.
EU RESIDENTS NOTICE: Your personal data will be transferred to the United States. Pursuant to EU law pertaining to data collection and processing, as an EU resident, you have a right of access to, modification and withdrawal of your personal data. You also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to: Udemy Legal Department, Udemy, Inc., 600 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA. The data controller and the data recipient is Sponsor. Your data will be transferred outside the European Union. For more information, please consult https://www.udemy.com/terms/privacy.