This article outlines the Automated Lab Review (ALR) feature for labs, which provides timely and specific feedback for your work in a lab’s workspace.
Please note: as of December 5th, 2023, labs and assessments are only available to learners who were enrolled in the Personal Plan subscription prior to this date.
- Learn more about labs and how learners can use the feature.
Locating labs that feature an Automated Lab Review
You can locate labs that feature an automated lab review by following the steps below:
1. Click on the Labs tab on your Udemy home page or in My learning.
2. Click Explore labs.
3. Enable the Automated lab reviews filter to ensure your search results include labs with the feature.
How to start a lab with an Automated Lab Review
1. Start the lab in Guided Challenge Mode (Note: an Automated Lab Review is only available in Guided Challenge Mode).
2. From the project assignment page, launch the Workspace by clicking the “Launch workspace" button. The workspace is where you’ll complete each task. Learn more about workspaces.
View the tasks for the lab by clicking on the “See your tasks” button.
From the Tasks view, you will see a list of tasks required to complete the lab, instructions for the task, resources to complete the task, and the “Start review” button.
Follow the instructions to complete each task, in order, in the provided workspace. When you are ready to check your work, click the “Start review” button for real-time feedback about your performance on the task.
Successful completion of tasks in this lab
The lab will review your work and display your results. If you have successfully completed the task, the “Mark task as complete” button will be enabled. You can click “Mark task as complete” and continue to the next task.
If there are errors in your solution, the review section will provide feedback and guidance on how to approach the task again more accurately. You can also click on the “Example approach” button for additional guidance.
When you are ready for another review, click the “New review” button. Once the “Mark task as complete” button is no longer grayed out and enabled, click on it to proceed to the next task in the lab.
Note for Safari users
Udemy labs run in an environment isolated from udemy.com. You will need to allow third-party cookies in your browser settings to use the preview browser in these labs. You can change these settings in Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy. Be sure you are using the latest version of Safari and that the checkbox below is unselected: