This article explains the differences between a practice test and a practice test course, and how instructors can create them.
Learn how to add questions to a practice test or a practice test course.
What are practice tests?
Practice tests enable instructors to create comprehensive, long form simulated exams that students can use to assess their knowledge of a particular subject.
They are particularly useful for subjects when students are preparing for a final exam. Examples of these types of exams include the SAT, GMAT, ACT, or the various certification exams used in various professional industries like IT, Architecture, Finance, and Business.
Please note that due to the unique and proprietary nature of many practice tests, they can only be added to paid courses.
In addition, instructors can create a course, composed only of practice tests (see below for more information).
How to add a practice test to your curriculum
To add a practice test for your course curriculum, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the Curriculum page of your course.
2. On the side, hover your cursor over the grey space within a section, where you want the practice test to be placed. Click the + icon that appears and then Practice Test.
3. Enter the practice test’s title, description, how much time students have to complete the exam, and the minimum score students must get in order to pass it. The option to randomize the order of questions and answers in the exam, can also be toggled on here.
Once this information has been entered, click on Add Practice Test to proceed.
4. The practice test will be added to your curriculum, and you can now begin adding questions to it.
Please note that a maximum of two practice tests can be published in a regular Udemy course.
How to create a practice test course
Practice test courses help students prepare for certification exams, by providing practice questions. Practice test courses only include practice tests, and do not include other curriculum items like lectures and quizzes.
If you wish to create a course that only contains practice tests, follow these steps:
- Click Instructor at the top of the page.
- Next, click New Course.
- Select the Practice Test option that appears.
- Follow the steps outlined above to create your practice tests and then add questions to them.
- Publish your course.
- Practice test-only courses must have a minimum of two practice tests in order to be published to the marketplace.
- A maximum of 6 practice test lectures can be added to practice test-only courses.
- Practice test-only courses do not offer a certificate of completion.
Unpublishing a practice test
If you need to unpublish a practice test moving forward, you can do so by clicking the unpublish icon on the right hand side.
Please note: once a practice test has been published for a course it cannot be deleted. This is to ensure that students will always be able to access their practice test results. You can, however, unpublish the practice test, which will prevent new students who enroll in your course from taking it.