This article includes instructions for how you can check to see what email address is registered to your Udemy account, or if you have created more than one account. The troubleshooting steps below may be helpful if you’re encountering login issues, or if you’re having trouble finding courses you enrolled in.
How to confirm what email address you have registered with Udemy
If you’re logged into your Udemy account.
- If you are logged into your Udemy account, you can check to see what email address you registered by navigating to your account settings page.
- If you’re using the Udemy mobile app, tap Account at the bottom-right of your device’s screen to see your account’s email address.
Missing course tip: if you recently signed up to Udemy and enrolled in a course, but you didn’t receive a confirmation email, this could indicate an error was made when you entered your email address.
- Check the email address that is listed in the Email section of your account settings and carefully review it to make sure no typo was made by mistake when you created your account.
- If an error was made, our system would have attempted sending your confirmation email to the incorrect address. Provided the enrollment went through, however, your course should be available in your My Courses page.
- If your email address was incorrectly entered, you can update your Udemy account’s email address and then log in moving forward with that address.
- If the email address was incorrectly entered, and the address you want to enter is already assigned to another Udemy account you created, then please submit a merge account request.
If you’re not logged into your Udemy account
- Try a password reset: If you can’t remember what email address you used to sign up to Udemy, and therefore, you can’t log in, try resetting your account’s password by entering different email addresses you use. Be sure to check your junk/spam mail folder for your password reset email.
- Check all your email accounts for confirmation emails from Udemy: when you enroll in a course, a confirmation email from email@example.com is sent to the email address registered to your Udemy account. Be sure to also check your junk/spam mail folder.
Missing course tip: if you find emails from Udemy in more than one of your email accounts, this could indicate that you have more than one, active, Udemy account. The course you’re looking for could be registered to one of your other accounts. .
Did you create your Udemy account using the Apple, Google or Facebook sign up option?
It’s also possible to create a Udemy account using your Apple, Google or Facebook credentials.
- If you used your Google or Facebook credentials to sign up to Udemy then the email address you have registered for that account will also be listed in your Udemy account settings page.
- If you used the Apple sign up option, then you will see either your Apple account’s email address in your Udemy account settings page, or a unique, private email address, depending on what you selected during the sign up process.
Have you discovered you created more than one Udemy account?
If you determine that you have more than one Udemy account, and would like to merge them, learn how you can submit a merge account request.