NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. U.S. LAW GOVERNS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of the Udemy Course Social Media Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is Udemy, Inc., 600 Harrison St, San Francisco, CA 94107 United States (“Sponsor”). This promotion may be advertised on Instagram, but this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- Entry Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 11:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on 10/18/23 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on 10/25/2023 (the “Entry Period”). Any entries received after the Entry Period will not be considered.
- Eligibility. Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, or any company involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (e.g. spouses, parents, children, siblings, regardless of where they live) or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entries that are incomplete or corrupted are void and will not be eligible. Any effort by an Entrant to misrepresent themselves using aliases or multiple email addresses will disqualify all entries of such Entrant. Sponsor and its agents reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. Failure to comply with these Official Rules as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter. To enter this Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period, log into your Instagram account, find the entry post, and (1) follow @udemy on Instagram; (2) like the entry post; (3) comment on the entry post with a skill you want to learn and tag two friends. Completion of the above steps will grant you one (1) entry. If you reshare the post to your story, you will be granted an additional entry.
Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock of the Sweepstakes. Any entries that do not comply with the Official Rules are void. TWO ENTRIES MAX PER PERSON.
- Prize. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, ten (10) winners will receive a code for (1) Udemy course (up to US$200 value). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: US$200. Limit one (1) prize per person and per household. Only valid for a purchase of a course at udemy.com. If lost or stolen, cannot be replaced. No cash value, except as required by law. Void where prohibited. Not valid with any other offer. One-time use only. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. Any price difference between a Udemy course and maximum value of the code will not be refunded. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No prize substitution or cash redemption allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value as necessary. In no event shall more than the number of stated prizes be awarded. All prizes are non-transferable. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of the prize delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or those outside of its control. Awarding of the prize is subject to the applicable winner’s acceptance of these Official Rules and such winner’s ability and agreement to grant the rights set forth in these Official Rules, unless prohibited by law, and all required documents detailed herein.
- Winner Selection and Notification. Ten (10) potential winners will be randomly selected in a drawing from among all eligible entries. Drawing will take place on 10/26/2023. Potential winner will be notified by direct messaging on Instagram. If any prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable for any reason, Sponsor may in its sole discretion decide to award or not award such prize to an alternate eligible entrant.
- Odds. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Release. By participating, Entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities and each and all of their respective parent corporations, successors, subsidiaries, affiliates, related entities, licensees, assigns, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (“Released Parties”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse, or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, or (ii) printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities makes no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays or acts of any government or authority. Void Where Prohibited.
- Limitation of Liability. The Released Parties not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions; (ii) technical failures of any kinds; (iii) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (iv) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; (vi) misprints or typographical errors related to these Official Rules; or (vii) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes, and only if the Sweepstakes has not ended. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend any part of the Sweepstakes and to select a potential Prize Winner from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable.
- Force Majeure: Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any actions, pandemics or pandemic emergencies, regulations, orders or requests by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist threat or activity, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
- Choice of Law: Entrants agree that all matters arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed by California law, excluding California’s conflict of law rules and will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of San Francisco, California.
- Severability. If any term is found unenforceable, it and any related terms will be interpreted to best accomplish the unenforceable term's essential purpose.
- No Waiver. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that term.
- Winners List. For the names of the winners, available after 11/8/2023 (“Winners List Date”), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (except where prohibited) and a note identifying the name of this Sweepstakes within 45 days after the Winners List Date to the Sponsor at the address set forth above, Attention: Legal Department/Instagram Udemy Course Sweepstakes Winners List.
©2023 Udemy, Inc.
UDEMY and all related logos are trademarks of Udemy, Inc. All rights reserved. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.