This article explains how you can check to see if a lecture is enabled for downloading, and how you can download it to your computer if it is.
- Learn more about Udemy and how you can begin taking your course(s) online.
- Course lectures can be downloaded for offline viewing on the Udemy mobile app. More information is available in these articles:
Due to certain platform security measures, the ability to download a lecture video on a computer may not be available for all courses.
How to download a lecture
To check and see if a lecture can be downloaded, move your cursor to the gear icon at the bottom right of the lecture player.
If Download lecture is not grayed out, then you will be able to download it to your computer, by clicking on those two words.
The quality resolution for downloaded videos
Please note that the quality resolution of the downloaded video, will match the quality you had set, when you were viewing the course at Udemy.com. For example, if you're viewing the video with a resolution of 720p, then the video that's downloaded to your desktop or laptop will match this resolution.
- Learn how you can adjust the video quality of a lecture.
The video is taking too long to download
If the lecture is enabled for download to your computer, but it’s taking too long to download the video, please test your internet connection speed. If the internet speed is low (less than 5 Mbps) then please try the following:
- Lower the video quality of the lecture so the file size for the download is smaller (see the section above).
- Restart your modem/router to see if your internet connection improves.
- Try downloading the videos at a time when your internet connection is stronger.