Udemy courses make great gifts for friends, family and colleagues, and are easy to send! This article outlines how you can send Udemy courses as gifts.
If you’ve received a Udemy gift, review how to redeem it and start your course!
How to gift a course from the course landing page
You can purchase any course that you’re not enrolled in as a gift, by following the steps below.
1. Navigate to the course landing page of the course you wish to give.
2. Click Gift this course. Please note: depending on your account, the Gift this course option may appear on the left-hand side of the course-landing-page.
3. Enter the gift recipient’s name, email address and the date you want the gift sent. You can also enter a personal message for them if you wish.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout.
How to gift a course you're taking
If you think a course you’re currently enrolled in would make for a terrific gift, you can quickly purchase a second copy of the course and send it to the recipient. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the course player and click the ellipses at the top-right corner of the page.
- In the dropdown menu, click on Gift This Course.
- Enter the gift recipient’s name, email address (see below), and the date you want the gift sent. You can also enter a personal message for them if you wish.
- Click Proceed to Checkout. If you have a coupon code enter it on the left-hand side.
Entering the gift recipient’s email addresses
If the gift recipient doesn’t have an account on Udemy, they will need to create one before they can redeem the gift.
If the recipient has an existing Udemy account, we advise sending the gift to the same email address they have registered to their Udemy account. This will help ensure the course is added to their existing account.
The recipient can’t find the email notification for their Udemy gift
Instructions on what to do if the recipient can’t locate their email notification for the gift are available in this article.
Information regarding refund requests for Udemy gifts is available in our How to Refund a Course article.