This article explains how to troubleshoot and solve some of the most common issues related to downloading courses and lectures on the Udemy mobile app.
Table of Contents
- Video download is taking too long
- Removing a downloaded course on the mobile app
- Trouble finding the downloaded course or lecture
- Trouble downloading course resources (non-video)
- Cannot find the course in my device storage
- Audio or video issues for downloaded lectures or courses
- Want to download over Wi-Fi only (no cellular data)
Video download is taking too long
Begin by testing your internet connection speed to see if this could be why the videos are taking too long to download.
If the internet speed is low (less than 5 Mbps), we recommend downloading the courses at a time when your internet connection is stronger. You can also do the following:
- Lower the video download quality of the lecture so the file size for the download is smaller.
- If you are downloading an entire course or long course sections, try downloading individual lectures instead.
- Keep the app open and in the foreground so the downloading finishes more quickly.
- Restart your modem/router to see if your internet connection improves.
If your internet connection is strong but the download speed is slow, please try the following steps:
- Cancel all downloads in progress and then restart the app to download the content again. Learn how to cancel downloads in the applicable Help Center article below.
- Make sure your phone has enough storage to download each course.
- Check to see if you have enabled download over WiFi only.
- Restart your mobile device and check your device settings.
- Delete the Udemy app from the home screen and then reinstall it on your device.
- Please note: Any offline content you’ve saved from your courses will be removed after the app reinstallation, and you will need to re-download the content.
Removing a downloaded course on the mobile app
To learn how to delete or remove a downloaded course for offline viewing, please view the applicable Help Center article below.
Please note: Removing a downloaded course does not remove it from your My Learning page.
- Learn how to archive a course from your account.
Trouble finding the downloaded course or lecture
Please make sure your course is properly downloaded through the instructions in the applicable Help Center article to view your downloaded courses.
If you are still experiencing issues, please follow the troubleshooting steps in the section regarding video downloads taking too long to help ensure the content can be downloaded to your device.
Trouble downloading course resources (non-video)
To learn how to download content that is not a video, please view the applicable Help Center article below.
Please note: Not all course resources are available for download.
If you are still experiencing issues, please follow the troubleshooting steps that are shared in the section for video downloads taking too long to help ensure the content can be downloaded to your device.
Cannot find the course in my device storage
Due to piracy concerns the downloaded files are encrypted, you can only access the video lecture within the Udemy mobile app itself and will be unable to find the course in your device’s internal storage.
Audio or video issues for downloaded lectures or courses
Learn how to troubleshoot audio and video issues on the Udemy mobile app.
Want to download over Wi-Fi only (no cellular data)
If you're using your mobile data network rather than Wi-Fi to download the course, please make sure that the download via Wi-Fi only is enabled. Learn how to update this setting in the applicable Help Center article.