There are a couple of things that may be preventing a lecture from downloading to your mobile device. Please consider the following:
1) In some cases, you will not be able to see a download icon in certain lectures on the Course Curriculum.
- Some lectures were downloaded automatically when you opened the course. For example, you can view an article lecture without manually download.
- Offline downloading is not supported by all course lectures. If you try to download all of a course's lectures at once (by tapping on the download icon on the main course page), the download will skip lectures that are not supported. For instance, we don’t support downloading quizzes for offline viewing.
2) If you're using your mobile data network rather than wi-fi, please make sure that the Download via Wi-fi only setting is unchecked. You can do this by going into the Settings page on the Android app, or the Video Options page on the iOS device.
If you're using the Android app, you can navigate to the Settings page by tapping the menu icon that appears at the upper-left corner of the Featured or My Courses screen.
If you're using the iOS app, you can navigate to Video Options by clicking the Account icon at the bottom right of the My Courses, Wishlist, Featured or Search screen.
3) If you download a non-video file lecture (a PDF lecture, for example), the file is downloaded to your device's storage. Instead of accessing it from the Udemy app, please open your device's Downloads folder.
If none of the above suggestions resolves your issue, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following information (this will help us get to the bottom of the situation as quickly as possible):
- Your device
- The OS you're running
- The version of the Udemy app
- The course(s) and lecture(s) you're experiencing the issue with
- Are you connected via mobile or wi-fi?
- Any additional details of the issue you're encountering