Adding a multiple choice quiz to your course allows students to assess themselves as they learn course material. You can add a quiz to the course curriculum directly and it will appear in the course outline, where potential students can view your course.
Creating a Quiz
1. Navigate to the Curriculum page of your course.
2. On the side, hover your cursor over the grey space within a section, where you want the quiz to be placed. Click the + icon that appears and then Quiz.
3. Name the quiz, add a description and click Add Quiz again
After creating a new quiz, it's time to add multiple choice questions.
1. Click Questions and select Multiple Choice
2. Write the question you want to ask. You can even add an image if you wish
3. Enter the possible answers for the answer. You can add up to 15 choices.
4. Indicate the correct answer by pressing the bubble next to one of the multiple choices
5. Recommended: Explain why the answer is or isn't the best answer
6. Click Save
7. To add another question to the quiz, click New Question, and repeat the same steps outlined above
Quizzes can be edited at any time.
- Hover your mouse over a question. An icon will appear:
- Edit - Clicking the pencil will allow you to modify quiz questions.
- Delete - The trashcan will permanently erase a quiz question.
- Move - The three lines will allow you to drag and drop questions.
Previewing and Publishing Your Quiz
When you're finished writing the quiz, click Publish to add it to your course. You can also preview the quiz as a student. You will not be able to submit responses, but you can see what the quiz will look like visually when students are taking the course.
Instructors can create up to 1400 curriculum items for a course (sections, lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests and assignments), and 700 of those items can be published at any given time.