As an instructor, you may wish to preview your course so that you can see how published lectures and resources will appear to your students. Or, you may need to download videos or resources that you’ve added to your course.
This article outlines how you can do so by previewing your course as a student, or in an instructor’s capacity.
Preview Your Course as a Student
By previewing your course as a student you can see what students will see as they progress through your course. Please note that since students cannot access unpublished lectures, only published lectures are visible when you preview your course as a student.
To preview your course as a student follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the course management page (more information can be viewed here).
- On the left-hand side of the page click Curriculum.
- Click the arrow icon on the lecture you wish to preview, and then select as a Student from the Preview menu.
- You will be directed to that lecture in the course player, and you can also navigate through the course lectures and materials. Please note: The URL in the address bar is a temporary URL, and not the public course URL.
Preview Your Course as an Instructor
By previewing a course as an instructor, you can preview unpublished lectures (as well as published lectures) to see how they will appear to students. To preview your course as an instructor, please follow the steps below:
- After navigating to the course, click Curriculum on the left-hand side.
- Click on Preview at the top right of the page and then Course Content on the course dashboard.
- Select the lecture you wish to review.
You can also preview a course as an instructor by following the steps to preview the course as a student, but select as Instructor instead.
How to Download Your Content
By previewing your course as an Instructor you download all the content for your course, including the course videos, regardless of whether you’ve enabled them for download by students.
To download your course content, please follow the steps below:
- Preview your course as an Instructor by following the steps outlined above.
- Click the gear icon at the bottom of the right of the course player to access the Download lecture option.
- Due to certain platform security measures, the ability to download a lecture video on a computer may not be available for all courses. If you're unable to download a lecture video for your course, please contact our Support Team.
- Udemy employs anti-piracy technology, including encoding videos using a proprietary player and attaching a Udemy watermark to all videos. As a result, the course videos cannot be downloaded in their original format. To ensure instructors have access to their original course materials, we ask that instructors keep copies of their course videos and files in their own computers and devices.
To download other resources you've added to the course, click on the resource folder icons that appear in the course player.