This article explains how you change your email login while accessing Udemy on a browser. The article also includes answers to some of the commonly asked questions we receive about changing an account’s email address.
- Using the Udemy mobile app? Learn how to change your account’s email address on the mobile app.
Important security notes:
- To further enhance the security of your Udemy account, multifactor authentication (MFA) must be enabled before you can change your account’s email address. The authentication code will be sent to the email address you have registered for your Udemy account. Learn how to enable MFA.
- If you change your account’s email address, any credit card information you have saved in your account will be deleted. In addition, in order to change your email address you will be prompted to enable
How to change your account’s email address
Provided MFA has been enabled for your Udemy account, you can change your account’s email address by following the steps below.
- After you log into your Udemy account, via your browser, navigate to your account settings page.
- Click the pencil icon beside the email box.
- Enter the new email address and your password.
- Click Save.
Frequently asked questions
How do I change my email address if the edit pencil icon is missing?
If there is no edit pencil icon beside the email box, this indicates you signed up to Udemy with a Facebook, Google or Apple account. When you sign up using those options no password is created for your Udemy account.
If you wish to create a password for your Udemy account and log in with the same email address that’s registered with Apple, Google or Facebook, please follow the steps to change your password.
When I try to change my email address it says that address is unavailable. Why?
The “email address is unavailable” banner indicates that the email address is registered to another active account or an account that was recently closed.
For example, you may have created two accounts by accident. You can follow the steps outlined in this article to reset your password and access the account registered to that email address.
If you recently closed an account that had that email address registered to it, however, that address may not be available to use with another Udemy account for a period of time.
What should I do if I received a notification that my account email has been changed, but I didn’t change it?
How do I change the password for my account?Learn how to change or reset the password for your account.
I’m having trouble logging in. What should I do?
Learn how to troubleshoot login issues or how you can check which email address is registered to your Udemy account.
I’m having issues with MFA for my account. What should I do?
Review steps you can take to resolve common issues regarding Udemy’s MFA feature.