Once a student has purchased your course, you'll have access to the instructor revenue report, where you can track and review your course sales. In addition to an overview of your course sales, the Revenue Report includes transactional details for each enrollment, revenue by channel, and data regarding your own promotional activity.
How to View the Revenue Report
The revenue report can be reached from every page on Udemy. To access your revenue report, please follow the steps below:
- From the instructor view (more information here), click on your profile image in the top-right-hand of the page
- Click on Revenue report from the dropdown menu
On the main, revenue report page, you can see your Lifetime Earnings and sales data based on specific revenue channels. For example, if you’ve been running your own promotions and distributing instructor coupon codes, you’ll be able to review how that revenue channel has been performing.
Lifetime earnings are determined by utilizing the formula below:
TOTAL EARNINGS = YOUR SHARE OF TOTAL PURCHASES + OTHER REVENUE - REFUNDS
To review your earnings through specific revenue channels, however, please do the following:
- Hover over the chart to see how each channel is performing.
- Click and drag to zoom in for a closer look at the graph.
The following revenue channel data is provided:
- Your Promotions - These sales are attributed to your personal marketing efforts via Instructor Coupons. The revenue will be posted in this category if a student purchase is marked as an “Instructor” sale in your revenue report.
- Udemy Organic - A student discovered and purchased your course after browsing the Udemy site. They did not use an instructor coupon code.
- Ad Program - A student purchased your course after clicking through an ad. For example, they may have purchased your course after clicking a Udemy ad on Facebook.
- Affiliate Program - A Udemy advertiser drove traffic to your course before the course was purchased.
- Refunds - A student refunded your course within the 30 day window.
In addition to your overall data, sales are categorized by month on your Revenue Report. Scroll down the revenue report to see expected payment dates and the payment amount for a specific month. To see a more detailed sales report for a specific month, simply click on the month in the Time Period column.
On your monthly summary page, you can review the following pie charts:
After clicking on a specific month, you can see a breakdown of your course revenue and refunds in the first pie chart.
Your Promotion Activity
The second pie chart shows which of your promotions are driving sales. Udemy coupons will not appear in this section, only instructor coupons that you’ve created for your courses.
Your Earnings by Course
The third pie chart on the right hand side of the page, breaks down your sales, by course.
The following pages are also available for each monthly report:
Purchases: Your share of total purchases is your net revenue after revenues are split with Udemy, any marketing partners (e.g., affiliates), and any co-instructors on your course. This article explains the details behind Udemy’s revenue share.
Redemptions: Redemptions occur when a coupon or gift code is redeemed to purchase a course. This can include Enrollments that take place via third party sites, like Groupon for example, which also require coupon code redemptions.
Refunds: details regarding refunds for your courses, and the change to your revenue, is posted on this page.
Other: other revenue includes external partner payments, adjustments (corrections for any errors in past statements), and any revenue generated from Corporate Subscription, if applicable.
Viewing Single Transaction Details
You can also review detailed information for each transaction, including the time of the enrollment, the platform it took place on, and any fees or taxes that were applied. To see additional information for a transaction, click on the blue total that’s posted in Your Revenue column on the right hand side.
For more information on how instructor revenue is calculated, please click here.
Export Revenue Report as .csv
You can downloading the revenue report as a .csv file in order to further analyze the data. Click Export CSV button on the right hand of the page, enter your email, and we’ll send you the file within a couple of minutes.
Why is a User Name on my Revenue Report But Not on the Student List?
When a student receives your course as a Udemy gift, their username will be added to your student list, after they redeem the gift code and enroll in your course. The username of the gift purchaser, however, is listed in the purchase tab of your revenue report, and is not included on the student list (unless they purchased the course for themselves previously).