This article outlines the Instructor Bio’s quality standards, including best practices and minimum requirements to pass Udemy’s Quality Review Process.
What is the Instructor Bio? Why is it important?
The Instructor Bio is a dedicated space for instructors to present their expertise, experience, and personality. It appears at the bottom of the course landing page(s).
In a survey of potential students, respondents cited “credibility” as the most important factor in choosing an online course. It’s critical to establish expertise to boost student confidence and enrollments.
Make sure this space is an accurate representation of instructor qualifications and is free of promotional content. The profile is reviewed during the Quality Review Process to ensure it matches Udemy policy.
Minimum requirements to pass our quality review process
- Ensure that the information in the instructor bio is accurate
- While you can create an account under a pen name or pseudonym, you may be asked to complete additional verification if it differs from your legal name. Using an image of another individual (whether stock image or artificially generated) is not permitted.
- All qualifications must be accurate to the account owner as an individual or the business they run.
- Additional verifications may be required if information appears inconsistent or contradictory across the instructor’s account and courses.
- Outside links are not permitted. Instead, instructors can add links to the designated "Links" section of their profile.
- Please test the links after input - they are preset to already include the domain for all social media platforms.
- Refrain from listing email addresses or other contact methods where personal information is given directly.
- Do not use distracting copy or formatting such as excessive capitalization, punctuation, or emojis.