If you've tried purchasing a course using the Udemy mobile app, but are unable to locate it in your account, this article explains the most common reasons why.
Courses are available for purchase in the Udemy mobile app through the Apple App Store and Google Play. These transactions are processed by Apple and Google Play’s payment systems and not by Udemy's.
For tips on how to find missing courses that were not purchased through the Udemy mobile app, please click here.
Confirm the payment went through
If you don’t see the course you purchased on the My Courses page, and it’s not located in the Archived section of your account, please do the following:
- Check to see if you received a receipt from the Apple App Store (iOS app) or Google Play (Android app). Please remember to check the email address that is registered for your Apple App Store or Google Play account, It may be different from the email address you have registered for your Udemy account. Be sure to check your junk mail folders.
- Check that you received an enrollment confirmation email from Udemy for the course.
- If you don’t see a confirmation email, this could indicate that you purchased the course while logged into Udemy with a different email address or that the purchase was not completed (see below).
- If you did not receive a receipt from Apple or Google Play the payment did not go through. Try purchasing it again on the app, or you can purchase it at Udemy.com. If you see the charge on your bank statement but have not received a receipt, reach out to Apple or Google Play support.
- If you did receive a receipt, but do not see the course in your account, please contact our support team and attach the receipt you received from Apple or Google Play. Our team needs to review the information in the receipt in order to assist you further. Steps on how to retrieve your receipt are linked below:
Google Play authorization requests
If you tried to purchase a course through the Android app and see a charge in your banking information, but you did not receive an email receipt, it is likely an authorization request. The payment processor initiates authorization requests to verify the bank will allow it to be authorized.
- Authorization requests are not actual charges and will be reversed after the payment processor gets a response from your bank. This process generally takes 1- 14 business days. If the charges do not clear within this timeframe please contact your bank or Google Play.
Incorrect email address for Udemy account
If the purchase is showing in your banking information and you received a receipt from Apple or Google Play, but you haven’t received a confirmation email from Udemy, you may have entered your email address incorrectly when you created your Udemy account. As a result, our system would attempt sending the confirmation email to that address, instead of the correct one.
Please contact our support team by clicking here, and provide the information that’s requested in the form.
“Pending” Apple purchases
If the course was purchased through the iOS app and you don’t see the course in your account, please check the status of your transaction and see if it is "Pending". This means the course has not been delivered to your account yet, since Apple's payment system is still processing the transaction.
- If it is "Pending", it may take between 24 - 48 hours for the course to be delivered to your account. If you no longer see "Pending" status for the Apple purchase, but you do not have your course in your account, please forward us a screenshot/email of your App Store receipt. This will help us get the course up-and-running for you.