Our students and instructors are typically good, responsible members of the community. We understand that everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes, you just don’t know what the rules are.
If an instructor does have a policy violation, they will first receive a simple warning. We will also provide resources to help better understand our policies and be successful on Udemy.
If we see further violations of any of our policies, there will be more severe consequences in the form of “strikes.” The escalation process is as follows:
- Warning → An email from Trust & Safety about the violation and our policies
- Strike 1 → Suspension of announcement and direct messaging privileges for a month
- Strike 2 → Courses blocked from active promotions for a month + suspension of announcement and direct messaging privileges for a month
- Strike 3 → Courses blocked from new enrollments for a month + suspension of announcement and direct messaging privileges for a month
- Ban → Account and course materials are permanently banned from the platform
These strikes apply at a course level. All instructors and co-instructors associated with the course or courses in violation will see their features disabled for that course.
Please note that we reserve the right to escalate strikes based on the severity of the violation as well as past instructor behavior. Strikes are reevaluated on a six-month rolling basis, but those with an ongoing history of policy violations will ultimately face removal from the Udemy platform.
If you ever have questions about our policies not answered in the Help Center, please let us know at email@example.com.