You can send optional, automatic welcome and congratulations messages for your course, to encourage students to engage with course when they enroll, and congratulate them when they complete it.
Create a Course Message
To create, automatic, courses messages for your course, please follow the steps below:
- Click on your Instructor Dashboard
- Find the course you want to add a message to and click Go to Course Management
- If your course hasn’t been submitted for review to our quality team yet, on the left-hand side of the page, click Course Messages. If your course has been published, then you can access the messages on the Communications page, by clicking Course Messages on the right.
- Use each of the text boxes to type in the messages you want students to receive when they enroll in or complete your courses
- Click Save to save the content of your messages
Tip: For both welcome and congratulation messages, be sure to include your course name in the message. It'll be helpful to provide this context for your students!
The welcome message will be sent to students as soon as they enroll in your course. Use this message to:
- Greet the student and express gratitude for their enrollment
- Introduce yourself with a short bio
- Share an interesting piece of information about yourself to make the message more personal
- Get students excited by letting them know what they will accomplish with the course
- Encourage participation and let students know that they can ask questions on the discussion board
Note: When creating your welcome message, be sure to not make it too personalized. Unlike promotional and educational announcements, the student's name will not be included in the message.
At the end of a course, you can set up an automatic message to congratulate your students for completing your course.
- Let students know how proud you are of their accomplishment
- Explain the next steps and highlight the applications of course concepts
- Encourage further reading and for students to take a deeper dive into the subject
Note: It is against Udemy's guidelines to promote your other courses or external resources in the welcome and congratulations messages. Please ensure your messages follow our Direct Messages Rules and Guidelines.