You can send optional automatic welcome and congratulations messages to encourage students to engage with course content.
Create an Automatic Message
- Click on your Instructor Dashboard
- Find the course you want to add a message to and click Go to Course Management
- On the left-hand side of the page, click Communications
- Once you're on the Communications page, find the Automatic Messages link on the right-hand side of the page
- Use each of the text boxes to type in the messages you want students to receive when they enroll in or complete your courses
- Click Save to save the content of your messages
Tip: For both welcome and congratulation messages, be sure to include your course name in the message. It'll be helpful to provide this context for your students!
The welcome message will be sent to students as soon as they enroll in your course. Use this message to:
- Greet the student and express gratitude for their enrollment
- Introduce yourself with a short bio
- Share an interesting piece of information about yourself to make the message more personal
- Get students excited by letting them know what they will accomplish with the course
- Encourage participation and let students know that they can ask questions on the discussion board
Note: When creating your welcome message, be sure to not make it too personalized. Unlike promotional and educational announcements, the student's name will not be included in the message.
At the end of a course, you can set up an automatic message to congratulate your students for completing your course.
- Let students know how proud you are of their accomplishment
- Explain the next steps and highlight the applications of course concepts
- Encourage further reading and for students to take a deeper dive into the subject
Note: It is against Udemy's guidelines to promote your other courses or external resources in the welcome and congratulations messages. Please ensure your messages follow our Direct Messages Rules and Guidelines.