If you have a question about a lecture or resource for a course you are enrolled in, this article explains how you can quickly search for answers to your question in the Q&A or ask the instructor.
- Accessing Udemy on the mobile app? Learn how to ask course questions on the Udemy mobile app.
- Not enrolled in a course? Learn how to preview and compare courses.
- The Q&A and messaging features are not available in free course enrollments.
- The direct messaging feature is not available on the Udemy mobile app.
- Only enrolled students can message the instructor of a paid course (if messaging is enabled). The direct messaging feature is not available on the Udemy mobile app.
- Can’t find a course you purchased? Review troubleshooting steps to find your missing course.
Table of Contents
- What is the Q&A feature?
- How to access the Q&A
- How to ask a new question
- Follow a question and its responses
- The instructor’s availability
- Edit or delete your question
- Report abuse in Q&A
- How to send a direct message to your course instructor
What is the Q&A feature?
In the Q&A, you can view answers for questions posted by other learners, as well as Featured Questions that instructors or teaching assistants have selected or created for their course.
If you can’t find an answer to your question, you can also ask your question.
How to access the Q&A
To access the Q&A, click the Q&A icon below the course player.
Type your question in the Search all course questions option, and questions and answers containing the same words will also be included.
You can also use the different dropdowns to help you find the information you’re looking for.
How to ask a new question
If your question has not been asked, click Ask a new question, and follow the instructions to submit your question.
- Your question should be focused on course content. Information on certificates and video troubleshooting is available in the Help Center.
- Text must be entered into the Title or Summary field to enable the Publish button.
Follow a question and its responses
You can prioritize questions and responses you wish to monitor in the Q&A. Click on the question, and then click Follow Replies. You will receive a notification when a student or instructor responds.
To stop following a question and the thread of responses, click Following Replies.
The instructor’s availability
When asking a question, be sure to see if the course instructor has posted their availability in the Q&A and when you can expect an answer.
Edit or delete your question
To edit or delete your question, click on the question, and then click on the three dots that appear at the top right of your post.
Please note: The instructor, teaching assistant, or learner who posed the question can delete the post.
Report abuse in Q&A
If you see a question or reply that violates our rules and guidelines, click on the question, and then click on the three dots that appear at the top right of your post.
To report the violation, click Report Abuse.
How to send a direct message to your course instructor
Using the Q&A is typically the fastest way to get answers to questions you have about a course. If direct messaging is enabled, enrolled students can send a message.
- View our rules and guidelines for sending direct messages.
Navigate to your Messages page. Then, follow the instructions to send your message.
Please note: Given courses are owned and managed by the instructors, Udemy does not have any control or information regarding their response time.
You can also access the messaging feature on the instructor’s profile.
1. Click on Overview below the course player. Then, Scroll down to the Instructor section, and click on the instructor's name.
2. If the instructor has turned on their messaging feature, click Send message. Then, follow the instructions to send your message.