Since instructors are an essential part of Udemy and our lifetime guarantee, they cannot delete their account if any of the conditions below exist:
- you have a course
- you have a course with students enrolled
- you are listed as a co-instructor for a course
- you are expecting a payment from Udemy
- you are the owner of an organization's Udemy for Business account
Please note that closing your Udemy account will permanently delete your content, comments, messages, wish list, and enrolled courses. If you're having trouble with the site, or if there's anything we can help you with before you delete your account, please contact Udemy support.
If you believe you do not meet any of the conditions listed above, and encounter issues while attempting to delete your account, please contact our team.
Deleting an Instructor Account
Delete Courses Without Students Enrolled
Before you can close your account you will need to delete any courses that you have created. Only courses without students enrolled can be deleted. Deleting a course permanently erases all course content including discussions, and associated files. Please note that once a course is deleted this cannot be undone.
To delete a course, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Course Roadmap page by selecting the course on your Instructor Dashboard
- On the right hand side of the page, click Course Settings and scroll down to the Course Status section
- Click Delete
- If the course is published, then you will need to click on Unpublish before you can delete the course.
Delete Your Account
Once you have deleted the courses you created, you can proceed with closing your account. You can do so by following these steps:
- Sign in to your account
- Move the cursor to your profile picture at the top right of the page
- Click on your name
- Click Danger Zone on the left hand side
- Click Delete
- Confirm that you want to delete your account. Click Yes
Please contact Udemy support if you have any additional questions.