Since instructors are an essential part of Udemy's lifetime guarantee for student access, they cannot delete their account, if students are enrolled in their courses. If you do not have any students, however, then you can follow the steps below to delete your account.
Please note that closing your Udemy account will permanently delete your content, comments, messages, wish list, and enrolled courses. If you're having trouble with the site, or if there's anything we can help you with before you delete your account, please contact Udemy support.
Deleting an Instructor Account
Delete Courses Without Students Enrolled
Before you can close your account you will need to delete any courses that you have created. Only courses without students enrolled can be deleted. Deleting a course permanently erases all course content including discussions, and associated files. Please note that once a course is deleted this cannot be undone.
To delete a course, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Course Roadmap page by selecting the course on your Instructor Dashboard
- On the right hand side of the page, click Course Settings and scroll down to the Course Status section
- Click Delete
- If the course is published, then you will need to click on Unpublish before you can delete the course.
Delete Your Account
Once you have deleted the courses you created, you can proceed with closing your account. You can do so by following these steps:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the pencil to Edit Profile.
- Click Danger Zone.
- Click Delete
- Confirm that you want to delete your account. Click Yes.
Please contact Udemy support if you have any additional questions.