Your Udemy account includes a Purchase History, where you can quickly access receipts for the purchases you’ve made, review your purchase and refunds history, or access an invoice or credit note for eligible transactions. This article outlines how you can access your Purchase History, and includes answers to the more frequently asked questions we receive regarding Udemy receipts, invoices and credit notes.
- Where can I access a copy of my receipt, invoice or credit note?
- What is a credit note?
- Can I see my refund history?
Where can I access a copy of my receipt, invoice or credit note?
In addition to the receipt you’re emailed when you purchase a Udemy course, you can also access copies of your receipts in your Purchase History. Invoices for purchases that included transaction taxes made after March, 2020, are now available on this page. Credit notes for refunded purchases that included transaction taxes made after March, 2020, are also available in your Purchase History.
Once you've logged into your account at Udemy.com, then please follow the steps below to get a copy of your receipt, invoice or credit note (see below for more information).
- Click on your account picture at the top right-hand of the page.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Next click on Purchase History near the bottom of the list. You can also navigate to your Purchase History by clicking here.
- Click on Receipt, Invoice or Credit Note to the right of the applicable course.
- If you need to print a copy of your receipt, invoice or credit note then you can do so by clicking on print in the File tab of your browser. You can also save your receipt as a PDF file via the print options.
The receipt or invoice will include the transaction date, order number, the title of the course you purchased and any applicable tax you may have paid.
What is a credit note?
A credit note is a refund document that indicates what was paid back from the initial purchase.
Can I see my refund history?
Yes. If you scroll to the bottom of your Purchase History page, you can also review any refunds you've requested, when the refund took place and how much the refund was for. Credit notes for refunds of purchases that included transaction taxes, issued after March, 2020 can also be accessed in this section.
If you were issued any Udemy Credits in your refund, this will also be noted in your refund history.
Is it possible to get receipts without the tax amount that was charged?
Due to legal obligations we must show the amount of tax that was charged for each transaction. For more information on taxes that may be charged for a Udemy course, please click here.
If a customer wants a receipt without reference to taxes because they are a business and therefore do not pay tax, they would need to sign up for a Udemy Business account. If you are a business that is interested in Udemy Business, you can learn more about the platform here.