Rating your experience in a course is an easy way to give instructors feedback on how to improve and to help potential students select the right course. You can leave a review at anytime after starting the course. After leaving a review, you will always have the ability to edit or delete it.
Instructors can publicly respond to your review in case they want to thank you for your opinion, clarify any questions or concerns you raised, or let you know that they’ve made changes to improve the course based on your input. If you update your review following an instructor's response, only your updated review will be visible to other students (the instructor response will removed).
You can also leave feedback on the course by answering the optional questions you’ll be asked when you submit a review or rating.
How to Leave a Review
There are three places you can go to leave a review:
- From the course cards on your My Courses page
- From the course dashboard by clicking on the course’s star ratings
- With the in-course prompt: while viewing the course you will be prompted to leave a review three times (beginning, middle, and end)
All of these reviews will be visible to the instructor and other students, but if you update your review, only your latest changes will be visible. If you do not wish to leave a review when you’re prompted, you can click on “Ask Me Later”.
Don’t worry, if you change your mind as you continue through the course, you will be prompted again to update your review.
What to Include in Your Review
Whether you decide to leave a review after you’ve been prompted, or you initiate the review yourself, the process is the same.
- Click on the stars to leave a rating (half-stars are supported)
- Leave a detailed review explaining your experiences
- Provide additional feedback by answering the questions regarding the course’s attributes
- Click "Submit Your Review"
You can change your course review at any time from the course dashboard.
- Click the star rating in the upper right-hand corner of the course dashboard
- Make the desired changes
- Click "Update Your Review"
- If you would like to delete your review, click "Delete Your Review"
Your review will be visible to students who are unenrolled in the course. If you would like to see your review, as it appears to new students, log out of your Udemy account and search for the course in the marketplace.
Tips for Writing a Good Review
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when writing a review for a course:
Tell us why. In addition to leaving a star rating, please share your thoughts. Your opinion about the course is valuable to other students, but when just a star rating is left, it’s difficult for other students to understand why you left that rating you did.
Be specific. Specificity helps other students determine if the course is the right for them. Are there any areas of improvement? Did the course meet your expectations? What are your favorite parts of the course so far?
And Be Honest! Reviews are one of the most important features that students consider before enrolling in a course. However, reviews are only valuable if you’re honest about how you feel about the course. As long as you share your sentiment in a respectful manner, your feedback is valuable and helpful to the marketplace.
- Reviews should be focused on the course content and not technical issues. If you are having issues with the site, please contact email@example.com
- Don't include email addresses, links or coupon codes.
- Obscenities and inappropriate language is not allowed.