Rating your experience in a course is an easy way to give instructors feedback on how to improve and to help potential students select the right course. You can leave a review at anytime after starting the course. After leaving a review, you will always have the ability to edit or delete it.
Instructors can publicly respond to your review in case they want to thank you for your opinion, clarify any questions or concerns you raised, or let you know that they’ve made changes to improve the course based on your input. If you update your review following an instructor's response, only your updated review will be visible to other students (the instructor's response will removed).
You can also leave feedback on the course by answering the optional questions you’ll be asked when you submit a review or rating.
How to Leave a Review
There are three places you can go to leave a review:
- From the course cards on your My learning page.
- In the course player by clicking on Leave a rating.
- With the in-course prompt: while viewing the course you will be prompted to leave a review three times (beginning, middle, and end).
All of these reviews will be visible to the instructor and other students, but if you update your review, only your latest changes will be visible. If you do not wish to leave a review when you’re prompted, you can click on “Ask Me Later”.
Don’t worry, if you change your mind as you continue through the course, you will be prompted again to update your review.
What to Include in Your Review
Whether you decide to leave a review after you’ve been prompted, or you initiate the review yourself, the process is the same.
- After clicking on Leave a rating, select how many stars you wish to leave in the rating (half-stars are supported for ratings above 1 star).
- Leave a detailed review explaining your experiences.
- Provide additional feedback if you wish by answering the questions regarding the course’s attributes.
- Click Save and Exit to submit your rating.
After you publish your review, you can quickly let your friends, relatives or co-workers know about the course by clicking on the social media links on the page.
You can change your course review at any time from the course player.
- Click the ellipses at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Next, click Edit your rating.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click Save and Exit to finalize your edits.
If you would like to delete your review, however, click "Delete".
Your review will be visible to students who are unenrolled in the course. If you would like to see your review, as it appears to new students, log out of your Udemy account and search for the course in the marketplace.
Tips for Writing a Good Review
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when writing a review for a course:
Tell us why. In addition to leaving a star rating, please share your thoughts. Your opinion about the course is valuable to other students, but when just a star rating is left, it’s difficult for other students to understand why you left that rating you did.
Be specific. Specificity helps other students determine if the course is the right for them. Are there any areas of improvement? Did the course meet your expectations? What are your favorite parts of the course so far?
And Be Honest! Reviews are one of the most important features that students consider before enrolling in a course. However, reviews are only valuable if you’re honest about how you feel about the course. As long as you share your sentiment in a respectful manner, your feedback is valuable and helpful to the marketplace.
Not all reviews are considered appropriate. Please read through our rules and guidelines for more information.