When you complete a paid Udemy course, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you can share with your friends, relatives, co-workers and potential employers! This article explains how you can download your certificate, after completing your course on a browser.
- Learn how to download your certificate on the Udemy mobile app.
- Learn how to change the name or language on your certificate.
How to download your certificate of completion
1. When all the curriculum items of a course have been completed, the trophy above the course player will change color, and you will see a notification indicating the certificate of completion is ready.
2. Click on the trophy to view the certificate.
3. The certificate will look something like the image below. To download the certificate, click Download on the lower right-hand side of the page.
Certificates can be saved as a .pdf or .jpg file so that you can easily share your accomplishment. In addition, certificates can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn directly from Udemy.
Instructions on how to change the language or name that appears on your certificate of completion are available in this article.
- Free courses and courses that only include practice tests do not offer a certificate of completion.
- Certificates of completion help demonstrate your accomplishments, but please note, Udemy is not an accredited institution. As a result, the certificates cannot be used for formal accreditation.
Troubleshooting & help
I finished my course but I still can’t access my certificate of completion. How come?
In order to receive your certificate of completion, each curriculum item must be marked as complete. Double-check the course curriculum in the course player to make sure each lecture and course item has a checkmark beside it and is marked as complete.
For steps on how to manually mark a lecture as complete, please click here.
I’ve completed my course and the trophy has changed color, but when I click on it, I can’t see a certificate. Why?
Occasionally the system may need a few moments to generate a certificate of completion, after a course has been completed. Wait a couple of minutes and then try clicking on the trophy again. You may also need to refresh the page, or clear your cache and cookies, in order to see your certificate.
Do all courses offer certificates of completion?
No. Currently only paid, approved courses offer a certificate of completion. Free courses and courses that only include practice tests do not offer a certificate of completion.
If you have enrolled in a free course prior to March 17, 2020 you will retain access to your certificate of completion for those free courses only.
I need to change the name or language on my certificate of completion. How can I?
Learn how you can change the name or language on your certificate.
Can I change the formatting of my certificate of completion? Or add an image?
Unfortunately, certificates are created using a template, and there is no way to change the formatting for them at this time.