All Udemy instructors are contracted with the U.S.-based Udemy, Inc. Udemy pays instructors through PayPal. Currently, this is the only way that instructors can be paid, but we are actively working to offer payment options that are more accommodating for our international instructors.
If you do not have a Paypal account, you can sign up for PayPal directly from their website.
If you are not able to register for a PayPal account, or PayPal is not available in your country, please contact our Instructor Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will let you know as soon as a new payment method becomes available.
Instructor Payments Flow
- As an instructor, a contract is signed with U.S.-based Udemy, Inc.
- The course is published on Udemy.com
- In the first month, a student purchases your course(s). Student fees are transferred to Udemy
- Months 1 & 2: Udemy, Inc. processes refunds, etc.
- Month 3: Udemy pays instructor [(total Month 1 student payments – total refunds) x % revenue share]
- All payments to instructors are from U.S.-based Udemy, Inc.
As an instructor, you are free to publish as many free and paid courses as you like. We believe in a sustainable partnership, in which instructors are rewarded for creating amazing content and bringing students to the platform, and Udemy is rewarded for driving traffic to all our instructors.