This article is an overview of the payment schedule for premium instructors, after their course is published on Udemy and receives paid enrollments.
Instructor payment overview and schedule
Here are the steps involved in Udemy’s payment schedule for instructors.
- As an instructor, a contract is signed with the United States based, Udemy, Inc.
- The instructor’s paid course is submitted for review and published on Udemy.com
- In the first month, if your course receives paid enrollments, student fees are transferred to Udemy, and Udemy deducts transaction taxes and other fees from that amount as listed in the Instructor Terms.
- Months 1 & 2: Udemy, Inc. processes refunds, corrections, and other adjustments.
- Month 3: Udemy pays instructor [(total Month 1 student payments after applicable deductions – total refunds) x % revenue share]. Expected payment dates and the payment amount for a specific month are posted on your Revenue Report. All payments to instructors are from U.S.-based Udemy, Inc.
- Learn how to select instructor payment methods: PayPal, Payoneer or direct deposit (U.S. only).
- Learn more about the instructor revenue report.
- Learn more about instructor revenue share.
- Learn more about revenue from the Udemy Business content subscription program.
- Troubleshooting steps to take for missing instructor payments.