The test video is a free service to get your production basics right before you film your course, whenever you use new equipment, and if you change filming locations. It’s free, and you can send test videos as often as you feel the need to review the quality of your audio, video, and delivery.
We’ve helped thousands of instructors master the process of teaching on camera. Talk about anything you want for 1-3 minutes to receive a review and personalized tips from us within 48 hours.
If you’re logged into your instructor account, and you’re ready to submit your test video, then click here to get started.
Udemy Video Requirements
As you’re filming your test video, remember the three quality checks for videos on Udemy:
- Video shot in HD (720p minimum) with clear lighting, good framing, and steady camera.
- Audio coming out of both channels, and matched to video.
- Audio clear of distracting noises.
- Test Video Resources Guide
- Udemy Insights Course: Filming Your Videos
- Recommended Video Editing Tools
How to Submit a Test Video
Once you have your test video ready to go, you can submit it to our review team by following these steps:
- Click on Test Video on the Instructor Dashboard page
- Tell us which language will be spoken in your video
- Let us know what type of feedback will help you best
- Tell us what recording method and equipment you used to produce your video
On the “Lights, camera, action” page, upload your test video by clicking on Select File at the bottom.
After you upload your test video, you can see its status on the My Test Videos page. On the page it will indicate if your test video is processing, if it’s in the review team’s queue for review, or if feedback for your video is ready.
Once you’ve reviewed your feedback, you can create a new test video, or delete an existing one you’ve uploaded, on the My test videos page.
You will receive feedback from our review team on the Test Video page within two business days from the date you submitted. When feedback has been provided, you’ll also receive an email letting you know, and you can access the feedback on the My test videos page.
To review your feedback, click on the Feedback ready icon.
You can respond to the feedback, and ask a follow up question, by entering it into the section that appears below. Our video expert will get back to you within two business days.
If you’re logged into your instructor account, and are ready to submit your test video, then click here to get started.