Anyone can create a free course on Udemy. If you want to charge students a fee for your courses, however, you will need to apply to become a premium instructor. The application is free, and is usually approved within 2 business days.
Apply to Become a Premium Instructor
- Start building a course.
- From the course management page click on Price & Coupons
- Click on here (see below) to complete your premium instructor application
Completing the Premium Instructor Application
After you click on the Premium Instructor application link on the Price & Coupons page, you can complete your application, by following these steps:
- Enter your name or company name.
- Include a 60 character headline, or quick description of your expertise.
- Write a short bio.
- Enter your billing address and phone number
- Upload a profile picture
- Accept Udemy Terms of Service and choose which promotional programs you would like to participate in.
- Select your payout method (please see below)
Selecting Your Payout Method
Once you have entered your information and selected the promotional programs you would like to participate in, you will be prompted to select your payout method. Instructors can receive their payouts via PayPal or Payoneer.
To active a payout method for your Udemy account, please follow the steps below:
- On the Payout Method page, select the payout method you wish to use by clicking on Log In for PayPal and Connect for Payoneer.
- You will be directed to the payment processor’s website, where you will authenticate and create a link to your Udemy profile. If you do not have a PayPal or Payoneer account yet, you can also create a new account during this process.
After you’ve submitted your request, it may take up to three days to receive final approval from the payment processor. When your request is approved, the payment method status will change from Pending to Active, which indicates that you will now receive payment through that vendor. No further action is required on your behalf.
Please note: after your payment method has been approved, be sure to return to your course and select a price for it.
If you’re notified that the request was unsuccessful, you can also contact the payment processor directly to learn more about why a connection could not be established. You can contact PayPal Support by clicking here, and Payoneer’s Support team by clicking here.
There is no fee to become a premium instructor, and Udemy does not charge any transactional fees when delivering payment to instructors. Udemy does, however, keep a percentage of each sale depending on the transaction. Please click here to learn more about Udemy's revenue share.
You can review any fees PayPal or Payoneer charge on their respective sites. Payoneer’s fees can also be reviewed during the payment application process.
Payments from PayPal are delivered directly to your PayPal account, which can in turn, be transferred to your bank account. Payoneer payments can be delivered to your local bank account or to your prepaid MasterCard®.
Changing Your Payment Method Preference
If you wish to change your payment method in the future, you can do so, by following these steps:
- Return to the Payout Settings page in your My Profile
- If you currently only have one payment method active, click on Log In for PayPal and Connect for Payoneer, beside the payment method you wish to add
- Once the request has been approved the payment method will be listed as Active
Once you have established connections with each payment method, you can select which payment processor you would like to deliver your payouts at anytime by clicking on the “Set Active” link. Active indicates that you will now receive payment through that vendor.
Changing the Account of a Payment Method
If you need to change the PayPal account you have registered for your payment method, you can do so by following these steps:
- Return to the My Profile, Payout Settings page.
- Click on Log In beside the PayPal icon
- After clicking Log In, you will be directed to PayPal’s website, where you will authenticate a different account, and generate a link to your Udemy profile.
If you wish to change your credentials for your Payoneer account, however, you will need to contact Payoneer directly. You can contact Payoneer support by clicking here.
Contacting Paypal And Payoneer
If you encounter any issues while authenticating your account on PayPal or Payoneer, please contact their respective support teams for assistance. You can contact PayPal Support by clicking here, and Payoneer’s Support team by clicking here.
For our FAQ article regarding Payoneer, please click here.
If you have any additional questions regarding how to set up your Premium Instructor account, please contact our support team.