Anyone can create a free course on Udemy. If you want to charge students a fee for your courses, however, you will need to apply to become a premium instructor. The application is free, and is usually approved within 2 business days.
Apply to Become a Premium Instructor
- Start building a course.
- From the Course Roadmap click on Price & Coupons
- Click on "here" to complete your premium instructor application
Complete the Premium Instructor Application
- Apply on the premium instructor page under profile settings.
- Enter your name or company name.
- Include a 60 character headline, or quick description of your expertise.
- Write a short bio.
- Enter your billing address.
- Accept Udemy Terms of Service and choose which promotional programs you would like to participate in.
- Currently, PayPal is the only way to pay instructors. Enter the billing address and email address associated with your PayPal account.
- Click Save and Continue to submit your application.
There is no fee to become a premium instructor, but Udemy does keep percentage of each sale depending on the transaction. Click here to learn more about Udemy's revenue share.