This article outlines the steps you can take to become a premium instructor and enter your applicable information, before selecting a payment method.
What is a premium instructor?
Anyone can create a free course on Udemy. If you want to charge students a fee for your courses, however, you will need to become a premium instructor. There is no charge to become a premium instructor and the process is usually completed within 2 business days.
How to begin your premium instructor application
- Start building a course.
- From the course management page click on Pricing.
- Next, click on here (see below) to begin your premium instructor application.
Completing the Premium Instructor application
After you click on the premium instructor application link on the Pricing page, you can complete your application, by following these steps:
- Enter your name or company name.
- Include a 60 character headline, or quick description of your expertise.
- Write a short bio.
- Enter your billing address and phone number.
- Upload a profile picture.
- Accept Udemy Terms of Service and choose which promotional programs you would like to participate in.
- Select your payout method: PayPal, Payoneer or direct deposit (U.S. only)
- After your payment method has been approved, be sure to return to your course and select a price for it.
There is no fee to become a premium instructor, and Udemy does not charge any transactional fees when delivering payment to instructors. Udemy does, however, keep a percentage of each sale depending on the transaction. Learn more about Udemy's instructor revenue share.