Why is the Intended learners section important?
The descriptions you write in the Intended learners section will help students decide if your course is right for them. Additionally, since this information sets the right expectations for learners, it can help improve your course's rating when students review the course.
What you need to know
When completing the Intended learners section, you want to ensure that:
- You have a specific target audience in mind, because the more specific your course is, the better it will do in the marketplace.
- Your audience will learn specific skills that they didn’t already have.
- What you report they will learn or achieve through the course is realistic and achievable.
- You are setting the right expectations; the course will actually deliver on these goals.
Remember, we do check for this as part of our Quality Review Process.
Minimum requirements to pass our Quality Review Process
- Fill out each of the prompts (they cannot be left blank).
- At least four, learning objectives or outcomes.
- Don’t use generic terms e.g., the course is meant for “everyone”.
- Don’t use the space for marketing to students.
How do you complete the Intended learners section?