Creating a well-written course description is one of the most important tools for converting new students into your course. This article explains how to create and add a course description to your course.
Adding a Course description
1. After logging into your Udemy account, navigate to your Instructor View (Learn how).
2. Scroll to the course card and click Edit / Manage course.
For published courses, this will be located on the left of the course card.
3. If your course has not been published, click on Course landing page under Publish your Course on the left. If your course is live, this will be under Course editing.
4. You can insert your description under Course description. The description must be at least 200 words long (50 characters for descriptions entered in Japanese).
Follow our writing guidelines for your description.
5. Click Save at the top to confirm changes.
Preview your Course Description
You can preview your course description while editing your course under Description on the course landing page.
- Learn how to preview your course landing page.