Your Udemy course can be free or paid. If you would like to charge for your courses, the first step is to fill out our Premium Instructor application. Once you are a Premium Instructor you can select a currency and price for your course.
While you, the instructor control the price of your course, we do have marketplace price standards in order to ensure a consistent and intuitive pricing experience for students. We also offer guidance based on marketplace data, in order to help you find the best price for your course.
What You Need to Know:
- The minimum and maximum prices instructors can set for courses are listed in our global price matrix (see below for more information on our price matrix)
- While you can change the price of your course at any time, you can switch from Free to Paid only once. If you switch from free to paid and back to free (or vice versa) after the course is published, your promotional announcements for the course will be permanently disabled.
- Courses offered for a fee on Udemy cannot be offered for free off of Udemy (e.g. YouTube, your own site, other sites).
The Global Price Matrix
The global price tier matrix includes the minimum and maximum prices you can select for your courses, and also outlines the price points in each currency Udemy supports.
- When you set your course list price in a given currency, you’re setting your list price at a particular tier. The list price that students will see in other currencies is calculated using the price tier matrix, based on the tier that it corresponds with.
- The price points on the tier matrix are not calculated using only strict currency conversions. Since Udemy is a global marketplace, the prices are also based on market conditions in different countries and will be adjusted regularly.
To review Udemy’s Pricing and Promotions Policy please click here.