This article explains how instructors can send promotional emails and educational announcements for their courses.
Promotional emails vs. educational announcements
If you have published multiple courses to the Udemy marketplace, you can use promotional emails to market your Udemy courses to students who have enrolled in at least one of your paid courses.
Educational announcements are delivered by Udemy to the email inboxes of students, and are also posted in the "Announcement" section of your course. Educational announcements are to provide your students with free resources related to your course material.
How to send a promotional email or educational announcement
To send a promotional email or educational announcement, please follow the steps below.
Please note: To send promotional emails and educational announcements for a course, instructors must be listed as visible and have the manage permission enabled. Learn more about instructor permissions and how to edit them.
- Navigate to the course management page.
- Select Communications on the left-hand side.
- Next, click Announcements, and then Compose at the top right.
- Select whether you wish to send an educational announcement or promotional email.
- Select the eligible courses you wish to send your educational announcement or promotional email to, the students you wish to include, and then enter the message's content.
Please note: our educational announcement and promotional email text editor does not support emojis, so do not include emojis in your message. Doing so will cause formatting and delivery errors. We also recommend creating your message in the announcement and promotional email text editor, rather than copying and pasting in your message, to help avoid formatting issues that might occur.
- You can double check the notification, before sending it to students, by clicking on Send Me Email Preview.
- If everything is in order, click Send.
Encountering issues sending an educational announcement or promotional email?
Review troubleshooting steps you can take if you’re unable to send an educational announcement or promotional email.