Promotional Emails vs. Educational Announcements
If you have published multiple courses to the Udemy marketplace, you can use promotional emails to market your Udemy courses to students who have enrolled in at least one of your paid courses.
Promotional emails are delivered by Udemy to the e-mail inboxes of students. They should only include links to your Udemy courses (external links are not allowed here).
Educational announcements are delivered by Udemy to the e-mail inboxes of students, and are also posted in the "Announcement" section of your course. Educational announcements should only feature free resources related to your course material (Udemy links are not allowed here).
Please know that in order to send a promotional email or educational announcement, you must be listed as a visible instructor for the course. For more information on instructor permissions and how to edit them, please click here.
How to Send a Promotional Email or Educational Announcement
1. Navigate to the course management page (steps on how to can be viewed here).
2. Select Communications on the left-hand side.
3. Next, click Announcements, and then Compose at the top right.
4. Select whether you wish to send an educational announcement or promotional email.
5. Select the eligible courses you wish to send your educational announcement or promotional email to, the students you wish to include, and then enter the message's content.
Please note: our educational announcement and promotional email text editor does not support emojis, so do not include emojis in your message. Doing so will cause formatting and delivery errors. We also recommend creating your message in the announcement and promotional email text editor, rather than copying and pasting in your message, to help avoid formatting issues that might occur.
6. You can double check the notification, before sending it to students, by clicking on Send Me Email Preview.
7. If everything is in order, click Send.