Coupons allow instructors to promote their Udemy courses to students on and off the platform. Coupons are allowed only in promotional emails and the Bonus Lecture. They cannot be used anywhere else on the Udemy platform, because once students enter a course, they expect a safe learning environment where they will not be “sold” to.
Instructor – Detailed Guidelines
- You may send coupon codes only:
- via Promotional Emails or
- to your own audience via email or social media
- You may post coupon codes in the Group Document of Studio U, but you may not include coupons in the Studio newsfeed or in the Udemy Instructor Club.
- You may not include coupon codes in any of the following:
- Anywhere on the course landing page
- Course material (excluding bonus lecture)
- Direct Messages to students
- Course Discussions
When an instructor is clearly going against the spirit of Udemy policies in an attempt to game the system or if we see a severe negative impact on the student experience (high unsubscribe rates or refund rates) it will be considered a violation of our policies.
Learn what happens when there is a violation of our policies here.