Promotional Emails are a way to let students of one course know about other Udemy courses by the same instructor. They’re meant for only you to send to only your students, and may only include information about your courses. Please don’t take the marketing of other courses by other instructors into your hands, because this will hurt your relationship with students who will mark you (and us!) as spam. Click here to learn how to use Promotional Emails well.
Instructors – Detailed Guidelines
- You may send only two Promotional Emails per course per month.
- You may only send Promotional Emails from courses where you are a visible instructor. For more information on instructor permissions and how to edit them, please click here.
- You may send coupon code links for your courses. For more information on how to create coupon codes for your courses, please click here.
- You may not include any external links or references to external links in your Promotional Emails. This includes, but is not limited to, links to YouTube, other course platforms, any pages that ask for money or personal information, and your own website.
- You may not ask for or post personal information about students.
When an instructor is clearly going against the spirit of Udemy policies in an attempt to game the system or if we see a severe negative impact on the student experience (high unsubscribe rates or refund rates) it will be considered a violation of our policies.
Learn what happens when there is a violation of our policies here.