In addition to our other payment methods, Brazilian students can purchase Udemy courses using a Boleto Bancario. This article outlines how you can use a boleto to purchase a course, and includes some of the more commonly asked questions regarding this process.
How to Purchase a Single Course With a Boleto
Once you have found a Udemy course you wish to purchase, please follow these steps to enroll using a boleto:
- During the checkout process, click on “Boleto” and then “Pay With Boleto Bancario”.
- Confirm that you wish to pay using a boleto.
- Review the Boleto terms at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Finalize Payment” and you will be directed to the bank owned page to receive your boleto.
- Enter your CPF number and name.
- A boleto will be displayed on a separate window with the payment details.
- The boleto can be taken to a bank for payment or paid online via internet banking. You can also take the boleto to a retail outlet and make a cash payment. You can print the boleto by clicking on print under the File tab, or you can also take a screenshot of it and print it later. If your boleto is still pending, and you need to download it later, you can do so by navigating to your purchase history and clicking Download.
- After Udemy receives confirmation the payment's been completed the course will appear in your My Courses. Generally, this takes one business day.
Please note: We recommend paying the boleto within 5 days to prevent it from expiring. After you pay the boleto, you will receive an email confirming that the boleto was paid, and that you now have access to the course.
If the boleto expires, however, you can get another one for the course or use a different payment method to purchase it.
Accessing The Boleto in Your Purchase History
If you need to download the boleto again for your course purchase, you can also access it in your Purchase History, by following the steps below:
- Navigate to your account avatar at the top right hand of the page.
- Click on Purchase History from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Download to the right of Boleto Bancario, which will appear under Payment Type.
- You will be redirected from Udemy and asked to confirm your CPF.
- Click Validate and you will proceed to the original payment page.
- Click Boleto Bancario and the boleto will generate again.
- You can print the boleto by clicking on print under the File tab. The boleto can then be taken to a bank for payment or paid online via internet banking.
Please note: we suggest paying the boleto within 5 business days to avoid it expiring.
Commonly Asked Questions
I paid my boleto today but I still can’t access my course. What can I do?
After Udemy receives confirmation the payment's been completed the course will appear in your My Courses. Generally, this takes one business day.
If it’s been longer than this, and you still can’t access the course, please contact Udemy Support.
I want a refund and I paid via boleto; how will it be sent?
In the event you would like to get a refund for a course purchased using Boleto Bancário, please contact our support team, who will refund the course purchase price by issuing Udemy Credits directly to your Udemy account. Please note that a refund request can only be submitted if the boleto for the course has been paid.
I changed my mind, I would like to purchase the course with a different payment method. Can I do that?
Yes. If you have not paid the boleto yet, then you can purchase the course using a credit card. You can also purchase a course via our mobile app. If you purchase the course using another payment method, then simply do not pay the boleto that you submitted for the course initially.
I have two boletos for the same course; what should I do?
If you have issued two boletos for the same course, but have paid for one of them, then no further action is required. You will be able to access the course.
If you haven’t paid for either boleto, however, then you will be unable to start the course until you have paid for one of them. Once you have paid one boleto then you can ignore the other one.
If you have paid for two boletos for the same course, however, then please contact Udemy Support to initiate a refund. The course purchase price will be refunded by issuing Udemy Credits directly to your Udemy account.
Can I choose the due date for my boleto?
No. Once you have issued a Boleto Bancario for the course we recommend paying the boleto within 5 days to prevent it from expiring. If the boleto expires, however, you can get another one for the course or use a different payment method to gain access to the course.
Can I pay my boleto after its due date?
No. We recommend paying the boleto within 5 days to prevent it from expiring. If the boleto expires, however, you will need to get another one for the course or use a different payment method to purchase it.
I didn't pay my boleto in time; can I still pay for a course with another boleto?
Yes. We recommend paying the boleto within 5 days to prevent it from expiring. If the boleto expires, however, you can get another one for the course.
Can I pay in multiple installments with a boleto?
No. The course price must be paid in full when you pay for the boleto.
Do I need to provide proof that the boleto is paid so you can add the course to my account? Or, if I provide proof that the Boleto was paid, can you add the course to my account?
No. The course you purchased with a boleto is added to your Udemy account automatically after we receive confirmation from our payment processor that the boleto was paid. Generally, this takes one business day.
I paid my boleto a couple of days ago, but I still don't have the course in my account. What should I do?
After the boleto is paid it generally takes one business day for the course to be delivered to your Udemy account. If it’s been longer than this, please contact Support and provide a receipt showing that the boleto was paid.