Using the Bookmarks feature is an easy and quick way to mark important points of a lecture, so you can quickly return to it in the future. This article outlines how you can add Bookmarks to course lectures, and access them moving forward.
Adding a Bookmark to a Lecture
If you wish to bookmark a specific point of a lecture, please follow the steps below:
1. When you come to a point in the lecture you would like to bookmark, click Add Bookmark at the bottom of the screen. You can also use the keyboard shortcut "b" to create bookmarks while watching video lectures.
2. If you wish to enter a description for the bookmark, type your note and hit enter to save it. Your description for the bookmark can include up to 140 characters. If you wish to create a bookmark without a description, however, simply click enter.
3. The bookmark will be indicated by a yellow bar as shown below. Moments that other students have bookmarked will be indicated by blue bars (please note: your bookmark description will not be visible to other students).
You can view the bookmarks you’ve created for a course via the Course Dashboard, or in each individual lecture.
To see all of the bookmarks you’ve added to a course, navigate to the Course Dashboard and click Bookmarks.
To go directly to a moment you’ve bookmarked in that course, simply click on the bookmark you wish to view, and you will be directed to that point in the lecture player.
You can also jump directly to any point you’ve bookmarked in a lecture, by clicking on the corresponding, yellow bar in the lecture player.
Editing or Deleting Bookmarks
If you wish to edit the description you’ve entered for a bookmark, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the lecture that includes the bookmark you wish to change
- Move your cursor to the bookmark you wish to edit
- Click on the description box
- Type in the the change you wish to make and click enter
If you need to delete a bookmark, move your cursor to the bookmark’s description, and click on the trashcan icon.