If you’re encountering audio or video issues while attempting to watch your course with the Udemy mobile app, this article explains various ways to solve these problems. Our support team will also follow this guide when responding to inquiries regarding this.
- Encountering playback issues while accessing Udemy on a browser? Please review these troubleshooting steps.
Please note: We do not support Roku at this time.
Determine if your environment’s causing the issue
Try watching another lecture or course to determine whether your mobile device, settings or internet connection may be causing the problem. If you’re able to watch other lectures without any problems, this indicates there is a technical issue with the original video and not your environment. You can report the issue by contacting Udemy Support.
If you’re encountering playback issues with other lectures, however, then please try the troubleshooting steps outlined below.
Troubleshooting video loading issues (ie: the video keeps loading/buffering, you see a blank screen)
If you still encounter issues while watching other course videos, then this indicates there’s an issue with your device, settings or internet connection.
- Ensure that the device/network connection meets our system requirements and make sure that you update to the latest Udemy app version.
- You may be viewing the course with a slow internet connection (test your internet connection speed), or a weak cellular signal. Please try the following:
- Reduce the video streaming quality to play the video in a lower resolution
- Restart your device and your modem/router if you’re on a WiFi network to see if your internet connection improves
- Turn mobile data off, wait ten seconds, and then turn it back on
- Download the course for offline viewing instead of streaming it online
If you still continue to experience playback issues after trying the steps above, please do the following:
- Restart the Udemy app
- Delete the Udemy app from your device and reinstall it. Please be aware that any content you have saved for offline viewing will be removed completely after the app re-installation. You will need to re-download the content once again.
Troubleshooting playback issues with downloaded lectures
If you’re encountering playback issues with lectures you’ve downloaded for offline viewing, please try the following:
- Try downloading another lecture and watching it offline. If you’re able to watch other lectures offline without any problems, this indicates there is likely a technical issue with the original video and not your device. You can report the issue by contacting Udemy Support.
- Check to see that the course or lecture was downloaded successfully. Steps on how to download course and lectures on the mobile app can be read in the articles below:
- Remove the offline content and download the lecture(s) again. While we understand this can be an inconvenience, it may resolve the issue if files in the memory storage are broken or missing.
If you still continue to experience issues with the downloaded videos, please do the following:
- Turn on airplane mode for your device and try watching the downloaded lectures. To do so, please close all apps running > check the device's settings > search AirPlane/Flight mode > turn it on.
- Turn off your internet connection (as well as your mobile data signal) and then try playing the content you’ve downloaded.
- Try restarting the Udemy app.
- Delete the Udemy app from your device and reinstall it. Please note that any offline content you’ve saved from your courses will be removed completely after the app reinstallation. You will need to re-download the content once again.