Instructors can quickly access and respond to direct messages they’re sent with the Inbox feature, as well as questions that are posted in the Q&A of their courses with Udemy’s Android app.
You can download the Udemy mobile app for Android by clicking here.
Please note that only instructors with published courses or co-instructors for published courses, can access the instructor view on the mobile app.
To read and or respond to student messages in the mobile app, please follow the steps below:
1) Open the mobile app, tap Account at the bottom right and then Switch to Instructor View
2) On the bottom left of the screen, tap on Inbox.
3) You can search through your messages by tapping on All (which includes both posts from the Q&A and messages from students) or Messages. Red dots to the right of the message indicate it’s important; a blue dot indicates the message is unread.
4) To respond to a particular message, tap on the text, and enter your response at the bottom of the page. To zoom in on an image you’ve received, tap on the image and then pinch the screen.
5) To send your response tap the arrow icon on the right.
Please note: by clicking on the student's icon you can view the student’s profile page and see what courses you are listed as an instructor for they are enrolled in (the page will not show the courses of other instructors the student is taking).
To refresh the messages page, simply press on the screen and pull down the page.
Filters And Labels
You can also access additional filter options to search through your message by tapping on the Filter icon at the bottom of the screen. The filter options in Messages tab for example, include show only by unread, no response or important.
After you’ve read a message, you can assign important, unread or archive labels to it if you wish, by clicking on the ellipses at the top right of the screen.
In addition, you can also block further messages from the student if required by tapping on Block Thread.
Instructors can also read and respond to posts and comments students make in the Q&A of their courses, by following these steps:
1) Switch to the instructor view as outlined above
2) On the bottom left of the screen, tap on Inbox and then Q&A at the top. A blue dot indicates the Q&A post is unread.
3) You can also search through the Q&A posts by tapping on All (which includes both posts from the Q&A and messages from students).
You can also access additional filter options to search through your message by tapping on the Filter icon at the bottom of the screen. The filters include Unread, No Response, No Top Answer (marked by instructor), and the option to filter by a specific course.
After you’ve read a Q&A post, you can mark it as unread or delete the notification if you wish, by clicking on the ellipses at the top right of the screen.
Adding Images to Your Response
Instructors can add up to 10 images to a message, from the photo library on your device, by tapping the camera icon on the bottom left. The images must be less than 3 MB each.