This article explains how to navigate to your Course engagement page, which includes analytics about how students are consuming the content in your courses.
How to navigate to your Course engagement page
You can find the Course engagement features as part of the instructor Performance features:
1. Navigate to the course page (Learn how).
2. Click Performance on the left-hand side.
3. Next, click on Course engagement.
Udemy Business insights
Please note: If you have courses included in the Udemy Business content subscription, metrics for Udemy Business learners are included in the course engagement graphs and tables.
To view course engagement data specific to Udemy Business learners, click the Udemy Business tab near the top of the page. If you select the Udemy Business tab, all reports on the page will reflect engagement specifically from Udemy Business learners.
Minutes taught and active students
The statistics of minutes taught and active students are displayed at the top of the Course engagement page.
For the time period you select, via the date range filter, minutes taught is the total minutes of lectures students have collectively viewed for your courses. By default, this includes minutes spent by any student who has viewed your courses whether they are a purchaser, free enroller, subscriber, or a Udemy Business learner.
Active students represents the number of students who have started a lecture over the selected time period.
The corresponding graph below shows the breakdown by month or day, depending on the date range you’ve selected.
All course view
Currently, a table displays the number of minutes taught and active students for each of your courses. Additional course-level and lecture-level metrics will be added to the Course engagement feature in the coming months.
Course level view
At the bottom of the page, a table displays the number of minutes taught and active students for each of your courses. Click See details to get additional insights for individual courses you teach, including:
- Course level metrics for minutes taught and active students, which can be filtered by date.
- A breakdown of consumption by device (mobile vs. desktop)
- Lecture highlights: this section shows the lectures with the most notes from the students in your course and the most dropped lectures (videos in your course that students stopped watching within 15 seconds).
- Lecture details: for each lecture in the course the Watched column shows the number of students who have watched more than 15 seconds for any lecture. For each video and mashup lecture, the Dropped column shows the percentage of students who stopped watching within 15 seconds. In addition, for video and mashup lectures, Amount watched column shows the average completion percentage by the students who watched each lecture.