Udemy provides a secure portal to help instructors complete and submit their tax documentation. This article outlines how instructors can securely submit their tax forms to Udemy.
- Udemy is not able to provide tax help or give any advice about what to include in your tax form submission. This guide is intended to help instructors navigate the form submission page. For individual tax advice, please consult a tax professional.
- Instructors do not need to submit a tax form until they start earning revenue from your Udemy courses, if they’re notified by Udemy their tax documentation has expired, or if their tax circumstances have changed. Learn more about what tax forms instructors are required to submit to Udemy.
How to submit your tax forms after earning revenue from your course(s)
After you have registered as a premium instructor and have begun earning revenue from your course, you will be notified in your Udemy account that you need to submit your tax documentation.
1. Navigate to your Payout settings page, and click Submit tax documentation to begin the submission process.
2. You will be guided through the submission process on the secure, Comply Exchange platform.
3. After you’ve successfully completed the process, you will be notified in the Withholding Tax Status section of your Payout Settings page that your submission is under review.
4. Once your documents have been reviewed and approved by Comply Exchange, and your withholding tax rate has been confirmed, your withholding tax status will be changed to Active. This review typically takes a few days. If you don’t see a change to your Withholding Tax Status within 5 business days, please contact Udemy Support.
How to update your tax documents and submit a new form
Once your documents have been reviewed and your withholding tax rate has been confirmed, your withholding tax status will become Active. If your tax circumstances change or if you’re notified by Udemy that your tax documentation has expired, simply follow the steps above to submit your current information.
Is this process safe?
Can I just fax/email/mail you a copy of my tax form rather than go through the Comply Exchange platform?
No. With tens of thousands of instructors teaching on Udemy today, we need to make sure we have everyone’s tax information stored securely, in one place, in the same format.
How can I save my progress in the form submission process?
After you have begun to enter your information in the Comply Exchange platform, you can save your progress and exit the process by clicking Save & Exit. When you’re ready to resume, navigate back to the Comply Exchange platform via your Payout settings page.
If you encounter an issue while submitting your tax forms and are unable to continue, please contact our support team. Please be sure to provide as much information as possible about the issue you’re encountering so our team can assist you more effectively.