For piracy concerns, video lectures are initially set to be unavailable for learners to download on their computers. If they wish, instructors can change this default setting. This article outlines the Downloadable feature, which instructors can enable for learners to download their course videos on a computer.
- Course videos are always available to download for offline viewing on the Udemy mobile app. Learn more below.
- Due to certain platform security measures, the ability to download a lecture video on a computer may not be available for all courses.
Table of contents
- Enable the downloadable feature
- Disable the downloadable feature
- Course videos are available for offline viewing on the Udemy mobile app
- Downloading your own course videos
- Protecting your content
Enable the downloadable feature
To make a course video downloadable for learners on their computers, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to your course’s Curriculum page (Learn how).
2. Click on the applicable video lecture.
3. Toggle Downloadable to on.
Disable the downloadable feature
To disable the download feature for a video lecture, follow the steps above and toggle Downloadable to off.
Course videos are available for offline viewing on the Udemy mobile app
For a better mobile learning experience, students can download all course videos in the Udemy app. For piracy concerns, the video content is encrypted and can only be accessed within the app.
Downloading your own course videos
Instructors can download their own course videos, regardless of whether the lecture has Downloadable toggled on (Learn how).
Protecting your content
We understand how valuable your content is and we are committed to helping you protect it. Learn how Udemy protects your content.