Out of concerns for piracy, by default, course videos are not available to students for download on a computer. If instructors wish, however, they can enable the downloadable feature, so students can download video lectures to their computer for offline viewing.
- Course videos are always available to download for offline viewing on the Udemy mobile app. See below for more information.
- Due to certain platform security measures, the ability to download a lecture video on a computer may not be available for all courses.
How to enable the downloadable feature
If you wish to make a course video downloadable for students on their computer, then follow these steps.
- Navigate to the course Curriculum page.
- Click on the applicable video lecture.
- Toggle Downloadable to on.
How to disable the downloading feature
If moving forward you wish to make the lecture unavailable for download on a computer, simply follow the steps above, but toggle Downloadable to off.
Course videos are available for offline viewing on the Udemy mobile app
To allow for better mobile learning, students can always download course videos within the Udemy app for offline viewing, regardless of whether the lecture is enabled for download on a computer. Due to piracy concerns, however, students can only access a Udemy course within the app, as the video content is encrypted.
Downloading your own course videos
Instructors can download their own course videos, regardless of whether the lectures have been Downloadable toggled on. For more information, please click here.
Protecting your content
We understand how valuable your content is and we are committed to helping you protect it. For more information on how Udemy protects your content, please click here.