UDEMY TRADEMARK POLICY
Reporting Claims of Trademark Infringement:
Udemy takes claims of trademark infringement seriously. Udemy’s policy is to remove content from our platform when it’s reported and found to be infringing a third-party trademark.
If you have a good-faith belief that an instructor is infringing on a trademark owned by you or an organization you represent, you can send us an official complaint through our web form. (Please note that this form is English only.)
If you prefer, you can also send us a complaint by email or postal mail by following the instructions in our Intellectual Property Policy.
For us to process your trademark claim, the written notice (the "Trademark Takedown Notice") must include the following:
- Your complete contact information (full name, mailing address, and email or phone number);
- The specific word, symbol, etc. for which you claim trademark rights;
- The basis for your claim of trademark rights (such as a national or community registration), including registration number, if applicable;
- The country or jurisdiction in which you claim trademark rights;
- The category of goods and/or services for which you assert rights;
- Precise location(s) in the reported course URL(s) where your registered trademark can be found;
- A description of how you believe this content infringes your trademark;
- If you are not the rights holder, an explanation of your relationship to the rights holder;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the trademark as described above in the manner complained of is not authorized by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement that the information in this notice is accurate, and I declare, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a trademark that is allegedly infringed.
- A statement that Udemy may forward my complaint, including my contact information, to the affected user.”; and
- Your electronic signature ("/s/" followed by your full name, e.g., "/s/ Jane Doe") or physical signature.
Please be aware that submitting a false or misleading claim of infringement could result in liability for you. Udemy reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a false or misleading notification of claimed trademark infringement.
Udemy reserves the right to terminate an instructor’s account at any time, including when they post content in violation of the trademark rights of another from its marketplace.