You can further enhance the security of your Udemy account, and help prevent unauthorized access, by enabling our multi-factor authentication feature (MFA).
This article outlines how you can enable the MFA feature and log into your account.
- Learn more about keeping your Udemy account secure.
- Learn how to resolve common issues regarding Udemy’s multi-factor authentication (MFA) feature.
What is multi-factor authentication (MFA) ?
MFA requires a person to use more than one form of verification to access an account, usually by "knowing something" such as a password and by "having something" such as a verification code. MFA can greatly reduce identity theft and unauthorized access to sensitive information in your account.
How can you enable MFA for your Udemy account?
Learners can enable MFA for their Udemy account by navigating to their Account settings and clicking Enable.
Please note: enabling the feature will sign you out anywhere you are currently signed in.
How to log in with MFA
When MFA is enabled for your Udemy account, then you may be required to follow the steps outlined below, when logging in.
- After you enter your account’s email address and password while attempting to log into Udemy, you may be notified that a code has been sent to your inbox.
- The code will be sent by Udemy to the email address you have registered for your Udemy account. Learn how to check what email address is registered to your Udemy account.
- If you do not see the email in your inbox, please be sure to also check your junk mail folder.
- Note: the code will be valid for 5 minutes. If you don’t receive the code or require that another one be sent, click Resend code on the log in page.
2. Next, enter the code you were sent to complete your log in.
How to disable MFA for your Udemy account
While we strongly recommend that MFA be enabled to help ensure continued security on the Udemy platform, learners can disable MFA for their Udemy account by navigating to their Account settings and clicking Disable.
Please note: disabling the feature will sign you out anywhere you are currently signed in.
Review troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve common issues regarding Udemy’s multi-factor authentication (MFA) feature.