As a global destination for online learning, Udemy works to connect people through knowledge. To foster a diverse and inclusive learning environment, we expect instructors to maintain a level of conduct both on and off the Udemy platform in accordance with Udemy’s values, so that together, we can build a truly safe and welcoming platform.
Instructors who are found to be engaging in, or censured for, activities that could negatively impact user trust, will face a review of their account status. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Criminal or harmful conduct
- Hateful or discriminatory conduct or speech
- Spreading disinformation or misinformation
When investigating allegations of instructor misconduct, Udemy’s Trust & Safety Team will consider a variety of factors, including:
- The nature of the offense
- The gravity of the offense
- Related legal or disciplinary proceedings
- Any demonstrated patterns of troubling behavior
- The extent to which the conduct is related to the individual’s role as an instructor
- The life circumstances and age of the individual at the time of the offense
- The time elapsed since the activity
- Demonstrated efforts made toward rehabilitation
We understand everyone makes mistakes. At Udemy, we believe that anyone, anywhere, can build a better life through access to education. Any inquiries into instructor conduct handled by the Trust & Safety Team will be focused on evaluating the ongoing impacts and risks to learners, and the larger platform.