In addition to creating coupons one at a time on the course Promotions page, instructors can use the bulk coupons tool to create and schedule multiple coupons within the current calendar month.
This article outlines how instructors can create multiple coupons for their courses using a CSV file and the bulk coupons tool. You can also watch this video tutorial our team produced (in English), which shows how to access and use the bulk coupons tool.
- Review the different types of coupons instructors can create and how to create coupons on the course Promotions page.
- Review our rules and guidelines for using course coupons and referral links.
Eligibility requirements for the bulk coupons tool
In order for the bulk coupons feature to be accessible in your instructor account, you must have the following:
- At least one paid course, published on Udemy.
- Manage permissions enabled for at least one, paid course published on Udemy.
How to access the bulk coupons tool
Instructors who meet the requirements above can access the bulk coupon option by doing the following:
- From your Course management page, click the Tools icon on the left-hand side.
- Next, click the Bulk coupon creation option.
Eligible instructors who are logged into their Udemy accounts can also navigate to the page via this link.
How to prepare your CSV file for the bulk coupons tool
To use the bulk coupons tool and create multiple coupons at once, you will need to prepare and upload a CSV file with the required inputs that are in the correct format.
1. After navigating to the bulk coupons tool page, click Download your course information to access the information you will need to help you prepare your CSV file.
- The information provided on the file includes the course ID, current best price value, minimum and maximum custom price values allowed, and the number of coupons remaining for the course for that month.
2. Next, click Download the CSV template to access a CSV template you can use to create your coupons.
- Important: the data contained in the template file is only an example, and is not your course information. You will need to leave the column headers, delete the example data, and then add your own coupon data.
- If you wish to add an additional column to the CSV, for example, to add your course names to the file, you can do so, provided the file still includes the required information and column headers. Additional columns can be added at the beginning, in between the required columns, or afterward.
- If you have active or scheduled coupons already created for your course(s), then you can access the applicable information and data by clicking Download active coupons at the top right.
3. After you’ve downloaded the template CSV file, you can use it to enter the values provided in your course information file to create the coupons and their applicable data.
4. Once you have your course information and a CSV template/file ready to use, proceed with entering the required data into the applicable columns.
- Important: Be sure to review and follow the input formats and rules that are included in the CSV uploads requirements section of the bulk coupons page.
- Learn more about the different types of coupons instructors can create.
5. After you have prepared your CSV file, click Upload CSV to create coupons at the top of the page. If your upload is successful, you will see a notification banner indicating your coupons have been created.
Troubleshooting upload errors
If there is an issue with the CSV file and it cannot be uploaded, an error notification will appear. Review how to resolve CSV file upload errors for the bulk coupons tool.