Learners interested in web development, and who have enrolled in Udemy’s Personal Plan subscription, can enhance their learning experience through our development labs!
The labs allow you to apply your skills by completing real-world projects using a workspace.
- Please see below for important information regarding the use of Workspaces.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) must be enabled for your account in order to launch labs. Learn how to enable MFA for your account.
How to access Development labs in Personal Plan
To access Development labs please follow the steps below.
1. Click on the Labs tab on your Udemy home page or in My learning. You can also search for labs on the Udemy marketplace.
2. Next, click Explore labs.
3. From the labs overview page, click on the Development radio button on the left-hand side to see all of the Development labs.
4. Next, click a Development lab topic from the Popular Topics list on the left.
5. To choose a Development lab, click Start practicing on any lab listed on the right to begin learning.
6. Select a lab mode.
Once you select a Development lab, choose which mode you want to learn in. We offer multiple modes for each lab so users can select their level of guidance.
Using Safari? Please review the last section in this article for important information.
- Next, launch the Workspace.
After selecting the mode, click on the Launch button in the top-right corner to open the workspace associated with the lab.
Ending workspace sessions
You can end the workspace session by clicking End at the top of the page. Please note that ending a workspace instance will reset the workspace; all data will be cleared and will not be saved. This action can't be undone.
Workspace sessions and restrictions
Review important information about workspace sessions and restrictions on Udemy.
Note for Safari users
Udemy labs run in an environment isolated from udemy.com. You will need to allow third-party cookies in your browser settings to use the preview browser in these labs. You can change these settings in Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy. Be sure you are using the latest version of Safari and that the checkbox below is unselected: